etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Reflection on the Decade and A Look Towards the Future

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

As someone who was born in 2000, as of 2020 I will have lived exactly two decades. Over the last decade I have grown up, changed, and become the person I am today. From graduating middle school and high school, to being accepted into Skidmore College, to finishing just about two years of college. Beyond school I have started driving, had my first and many other jobs or internships, and developed as a person. 

Since 2010, a lot has happened in my life and I am proud of the person that I have become. Friends have come and go, I’ve made several mistakes, and have found myself to be the happy and confident person I am today. Even a little over a year ago when I first started college, I wouldn’t have predicted that I would be who I am now. I would encourage everyone reading this article to reflect on how their own lives have changed in the last decade. 

As I look forward towards 2020 and the decade to come, I hope to continue to see my life change in positive ways or even negative ones that contribute to who I am as a person. I hope that the world changes in positive ways as well and that climate change becomes less of a pressing concern. Honestly, I do not know what is in store for me in the coming decade and for that matter I do not want to know. I could be married by 2030, a lot could happen in this next decade and I am as interested as you are to see how everything plays out. 

Life is unpredictable and that is part of the beauty of experiencing it! 

Samantha Berger

Skidmore '22

Samantha is a Class of 2022 student at Skidmore College. She's had several photography, writing, and communications internships in and around her hometown of West Bloomfield, Michigan. This includes photographing for Laurie Tennent Studios and the Jewish Community Center of Metro Detroit as well as writing for Downtown Publications. In her free time she loves to run, travel, ski, watch movies, and hang with friends.
Daisy Fey

Skidmore '22

Hey everyone! I'm Daisy and I'm a graduating senior at Skidmore College this year! I'm currently the Campus Coordinator for the Skidmore chapter of HER Campus. I love writing opinion pieces, how to's, and making playlists. Thanks for checking out my page!