Plum Dandy: I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Fro Yo!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

I’m sure many of you are aware that this past summer an amazing little frozen yogurt spot opened up in Saratoga Springs: Plum Dandy. You probably went in and made your own frozen yogurt creation or perhaps got a smoothie or a bubble tea.
However, due to the current bitter cold, I take it you haven’t been in a while and are unaware of all the cool new specials that have been added since your last trip. I know it’s cold and frozen yogurt is probably the last thing on your mind but I’m here to share with you all the great things happening at Plum Dandy that I’m sure you don’t want to miss out on. Trust me it’s worth the quick trip downtown (especially if it’s a Tuesday).

1) Hot chocolate!
The hot chocolate at Plum Dandy is superb and is made even better topped with homemade marshmallows. I’m a fan of Mayan Spice myself, but you can also get traditional, white chocolate, or white chocolate mocha. They just recently added frozen hot chocolate as well.

2) Expanded Bubble Tea menu
Over the summer there were maybe a dozen or so flavors. Now there are way more flavors and types of tea. Check it out.

3) Sushi
Yes you read that right. Plum Dandy now sells sushi prepared by Pacific Grill.
Sushi Thursdays 50% off frozen yogurt with any sushi roll purchase.

4) Fro Yo Tuesdays for College Students! (My personal favorite)
Buy one frozen yogurt and get one free! (Make sure to bring your Skidmore I.D.)

5) Half-price sundaes for High School Students every week day afternoon
Monday- Friday until 5pm

6) 10% off yogurt purchase for Teachers

7) DJ Karate every Friday at 8pm
Enjoy great music as you eat.

8) Beatles Sunday
Groove to Beatles tunes every Sunday as you sip a bubble tea or drink a hot cocoa.

9) Free Wi-Fi

10) Enter one of the many raffles, contests, or giveaways.
These including guessing how many red M&Ms are in a jar or designing a yogurt sundae. Past prizes have included gift cards and Plum Dandy tees.

For the latest on Plum Dandy events check out their Facebook page. They’re always posting the latest flavors and events. For example, last Valentine’s Day they had performances by a variety of Skidmore bands. By the way, they now offer custom cakes and pies as well as cater (something to keep in mind for your next birthday or celebration).

Plum Dandy
Open daily 12:30pm to 10pm
419 Broadway
(518) 871-1525
http://www.plumdandyyogurt.com/index.html

Emma Weinstein is a senior at Skidmore College majoring in Art History. She loves being a part of Her Campus Skidmore and has written articles throughout her four years. Emma is an avid equestrian and member of the Riding Team. Other hobbies include travel, cooking, and personal fitness.
Adriana is a junior at Skidmore College, with an English major and Studio Art and French double minor. Born and raised in the Main Line suburbs of Philadelphia, Adriana loves to travel, write, and paint. She has spent summers in France and Italy studying fashion, painting, and art history, and recently finished her semester abroad in Paris. At Skidmore, Adriana enjoys participating in musicals, club soccer and field hockey, and writing for the school newspaper. With advertising and graphic design internships under her belt, Adriana is excited to continue her experience in journalism at Her Campus, and eventually get a law degree. In her free time, she loves to play tennis, paint oil portraits, and play the piano.