Ileana Paules-Bronet '15

Ileana Paules-Bronet '15 in one of her own designs: lips tank top.

Skidmore collegiette Ileana knows good fashion, and has the resume to prove it. In addition to working as a Her Campus Skidmore Contributing Writer (check out her articles here!), Ileana writes for CollegeFashion, writes her own blog, and designs clothes that she sells in Saratoga and in her own Etsy shop. We caught up with the fashion-savvy writer to get all of her tips and insider info on breaking into the business!

What got you interested in fashion?

It's hard to say exactly, but I only really got into fashion at the end of high school and mostly since I've been at college. My mom is one of the most stylish people I know, though, so she has definitely influenced my love of fashion and my style a lot.

How would you describe your style?

I would describe my style as girly and edgy - I really like wearing things that are more street style and mixing them with flirty, fun pieces. I love leather, but then I also love pink and tulle and everything sparkly, so I'd say my style is a pretty eclectic mix of princess-y and badass.

How did you get involved in CollegeFashion and what do you do for them?

I got involved with CollegeFashion this summer. I've been reading the blog for a few years and every semester they put out a call for new writers, so I thought it sounded like a great opportunity. I sent in an application, which was pretty easy, and found out a little while later that I got the job. It's been really fun and I've been able to make some great connections. (Check out her CollegeFashion posts here!)

We've heard that you design clothing and sell some of it downtown. What types of clothing do you make and where can we buy them?

Yeah, I sell clothes at Yellow Boutique, which is right on Broadway! Basically I buy plain clothes from chain stores (Forever 21, H&M, etc.) and then I decorate them with fabric paint. I have a signature design that I've been doing since 8th grade, so that's usually what I do. I originally decorated pottery and then transitioned to clothes about a year ago.