This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

I recently embarked on a mission to find the perfect fall coat and boy oh boy did I hit the jackpot. Barbour is a brand known for its timeless, classic, and long-lasting apparel. I had a few friends with Barbour coats and as soon as they flashed their corduroy collars, I was sold.

I ended up going with the navy Beadnell jacket and even got a detachable hood for when it rains. I am already in love and have been wearing it everyday. Below are 3 ways that I’ve styled the jacket with a more athletic look, a girly weekend look, and a simple “going to class” look.

Outfit 1: As “Athletic” as I Get

On this day I was going to the gym and ended up stopping by the women’s soccer game to watch for a bit. It was pretty chilly so I layered a workout tank and a sweater under the jacket and paired it with Lulu Lemon leggings and Nike free-runs. I was comfy and warm and didn’t look too distraught over the lack of available treadmills. Of course, no “casual gym” outfit would be complete with a water bottle filled with iced matcha and some sun glasses.

Outfit 2: A Trip to the Farmers Market

Today, I grabbed a friend and strolled on over to the Saratoga Farmers Market. It was a little chilly and there was a good chance of rain, so i pulled on my trusty Hunter rain boots and layered a long sleeved sweater dress under my jacket. This look was easy to put together and still looked pretty polished.

Outfit 3: Too Many Classes in 1 Day

This outfit was donned on a beautiful Wednesday in which I had 3 classes before 12pm and another in the afternoon. Way. Too. Many. Classes. However, I was still able to look like I wasn’t popping under the pressure with a pair of dark wash jeans, a black sweater, some structured sunglasses, and my trusty jacket. Add on some clean low-top sneakers and you’re good to go!

Emma Bernstein

Skidmore '19

Senior polisci major with a passion for matcha, Cristiano Ronaldo, late-night political comedy, and bucket hats.
Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.