Holiday Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Holiday lights, colorful wreaths, Christmas trees, festive music and hot chocolate: it’s the holiday season! Whether you choose to celebrate or not, the holiday cheer has taken us over and is visible everywhere. We are all excited to go home and be reunited with friends and family, and of course, shop for gifts. We all get stuck on what to get our parents, siblings, friends, grandparents, and everyone in between. Here are some gifts ideas that we love for all our loved ones this season.

If you celebrate Christmas and still stuff your stockings, here are a few creative, inexpensive, cute ideas for stocking stuffers.

·      Try a gift card to Starbucks

·      Decorative cupcake liners

·      Nail polishes

·      A monogrammed iPhone case

·      Scarves and mittens

·      Cookie cutters

·      A makeup bag

·      Gourmet hot chocolate

·      Body wash

While most of the stocking stuffers are for women, there are also great ideas for men:

·      His favorite candy or chocolate

·      Lottery tickets

·      Beef jerky

·      Nice socks

·      Magazines

·      A tie

·      A coffee mug

While stocking stuffers are always a fun tradition, we know you need a few ideas for mom or your sister that are meaningful yet affordable. Try:

·      A scarf from Anthropology

·      Creative jewelry from Etsy

·      Delicious chocolate from a luxury chocolatier

·      A ticket stub diary

·      Kitchen supplies from Williams Sonoma

·      Lotion from Kiehl’s, L’Occitane, or your favorite boutique

·      Framed photos of you together

For your dad, or any men in your life, we recommend:

·      A new wallet

·      A few new books

·      Cologne

·      A cookbook

·      Pajamas

·      A shaving kit

·      A leather belt

We have to say that above all, friend gifts are our favorite! Here are some fun ideas:

·      Buy a disposable camera and spend the day with them, photographing anything. Then, develop them and make a creative display.

·      Make them a silly goody bag, filled with their favorite sweet treats, a little jewelry, and a bar of elegant soap.

·      Treat her to a gift card to your favorite place to shop together.

·      Make a homemade gift, like a scrapbook of all your favorite photos and memories.

·      Try adorable earmuffs from Target

·      Make an childhood favorite friendship bracelet

·      Look on Pinterest to make homemade bath fizzies or bath salts

·      If all else fails, check out her Pinterest to find gifts she really, really wants!

This holiday, remember that while friends and family love to open presents, you don’t always have to spend loads of money. Make sure to relax, spend time with loved ones, enjoy your time at home, and of course, listen to lots of holiday music. Have a relaxing break, collegiettes!

Audrey is a class of 2013 English major at Skidmore College. She has held several communications internships in her hometown of Nashville, TN, including ones at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, Nissan's North American Headquarters, and at Katcher Vaughn and Bailey Public Relations. In her free time, she loves to bake for family and friends, exercise by swimming, and loves all things Parisian. Audrey can't wait to continue her journalism experience with Her Campus as a campus correspondent. Having lived in Nashville, France and New York, Audrey has found a love for travel, and hopes to discover a new city after Skidmore where she plans to continue onto law school.