Starting Freshman year is hard, and it’s so easy to make mistakes along the way. Luckily, we’ve put together some tips for all incoming Freshman to learn from us to make your first year at Skidmore a breeze!
· Do go to Falstaffs once, but never again
· Do explore all of Saratoga; be sure to hit up the outdoors farmers market while you can
· Do purchase at least one Patagonia for your fall and winter wardrobe
· Do walk wherever you can when you can while the weather is still warm
· Do go to a concert at SPAC
· Do introduce yourself to new people
· And finally, join Her Campus!
· Don’t wear your lanyard around your neck
· Don’t wear you Hunter boots too early in the season
· Don’t call D-Hall the dining hall; it will automatically define you as a Freshman
· Don’t sit in the wrong class for 10 minutes before you realize it
· Don’t text while walking down the stairs in Tisch
· Don’t push yourself too much when it comes to going out and doing work