Don’t Go Unprepared: Must Haves for Fun Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

It’s here folks: Fun day is this Saturday, and it’s all about being carefree, enjoying friends and petting that pony that Campo always rides (why?). It’s the best way to end off a long, sometimes punishing semester. Before you hit the green, though, there’s a few key things you’ve just gottahave to make the day worthwhile. Don’t leave home without them!

A Bikini
Trust me, and learn from our mistakes. The forecast for Fun Day is sunny and hot, so make sure you wear a bikini, or at least bring one to change into! You’ll be glad you have it when everyone starts peeling off clothes and the day warms up. Plus, it’s more of a canvas for that body-painting booth to work with! If you don’t have one with you on campus, a cute bra works just as well (it’s a day about being carefree, remember!) just pair it with a cute pair of denim shorts and you’re good as gold.

Sunscreen
On that note, pack a little sunscreen just in case. We all want to get some color, but no one wants to end the day looking like a lobster. If anything, use some face cream with SPF 15 in the morning, because let’s face it—face burns are difficult (and painful) to cover up with foundation.

A Blanket
It will get muddy out there, it always does. Bring a blanket (preferably one you don’t mind getting dirty) to lie on. It may sound obvious, but you’ll be grateful when you’re not covered in grass stains after your recovery nap.

Sunglasses
Though we all want the coveted Fun Day branded sunglasses, you know they’re gone in the first five minutes of their dispersal. So, even if you don’t usually wear ‘em, bring ‘em. Sunglasses are perfect for people watching, and those cute guys playing Frisbee won’t even notice, we promise!

A Big (Carb-Filled!) Breakfast
Day drinking is a big part of Fun Day, and most of us are planning on starting prettyearly in the day. Since you probably won’t be eating too much when you’re out on the lawn, a big breakfast will go a long way. Pancakes, French toast, waffles are all great choices. Pair them with a bloody Mary and you’re all set!

Water, Water, Water…
‘Nuff said.

Toys
Bring silly (but cheap, incase they’re lost!) activities to keep you and your friends entertained all day. Bubbles, hula-hoops, water guns, and footballs are all perfect choices, to name a few. You didn’t think you were just going to be tanning all day, did you?

Fun Day is one of our favorite days of the year, and we bet, it’s yours too! With our checklist, you’re bound to have a memorable time, so get up early and have fun collegiettes!

As the Senior Designer, Kelsey is responsible for the conceptualization and design of solutions that support and strengthen Her Campus on all levels. While managing junior designers, Kelsey manages and oversees the creative needs of Her Campus’s 260+ chapters nationwide and abroad. Passionate about campaign ideation and finding innovative design solutions for brands, Kelsey works closely with the client services team to develop integrated marketing and native advertising campaigns for Her Campus clients such as Macy’s, UGG, Merck, Amtrak, Intel, TRESemmé and more. A 2012 college graduate, Kelsey passionately pursued English Literature, Creative Writing and Studio Art at Skidmore College. Born in and native to Massachusetts, Kelsey supplements creative jewelry design and metal smithing with a passion for fitness and Boston Bruins hockey. Follow her on Twitter: @kelsey_thornFollow her on Instagram: @kelsey_thorn