Comedy Festival: Skidomedy, Sketchies, and Ad-libs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

This past Saturday night (1/29), I went to the Skidomedy show. Having been to only one of these improv/comedies before, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. But as soon as I walked in the JKB theater, I knew I was in for something great; the place was packed and you could feel the energy and anticipation in the anxious audience.  Sure enough, I laughed the entire way through! REALLY laughed.  I was so impressed with what my peers could do; I felt guilty and slighted at the same time for not having been to more of these before my senior spring.  My suggestion: get to as many of these events–and others!–that Skidmore has to offer.  We are lucky to be involved in such a creative, brilliant, and hilarious student body that brings so much to the table–and all for free!  Definitely check out the upcoming Comedy Festival, which will host all Skidmore comedy groups (Skidomedy, Sketchies, and Ad-libs (pictured)) PLUS professionals.  More details soon.

Adriana is a junior at Skidmore College, with an English major and Studio Art and French double minor. Born and raised in the Main Line suburbs of Philadelphia, Adriana loves to travel, write, and paint. She has spent summers in France and Italy studying fashion, painting, and art history, and recently finished her semester abroad in Paris. At Skidmore, Adriana enjoys participating in musicals, club soccer and field hockey, and writing for the school newspaper. With advertising and graphic design internships under her belt, Adriana is excited to continue her experience in journalism at Her Campus, and eventually get a law degree. In her free time, she loves to play tennis, paint oil portraits, and play the piano.