A Case for the Groutfit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Your morning begins with the aggressive chirps of Murrumba blasting from your rose gold iPhone 6s, and as you madly slap around to make that horrible noise stop, you come to the horrific realization that class starts in ten minutes. Before you know it, you’re plummeting out of your lofted bed and dashing towards your cluttered closet. Now, you have nowhere special to be really, just English class, but you’re frozen as your eyes dart from piece of clothing to piece of clothing. Jeans, you think, yeah jeans, those are nice. It’s as if you’ve decided to parade through your day in denim when you see them…a soft angelic light glowing from their fraying ties; your sweatpants. That’s more like it. Feeling beautifully comfortable, you top off your look with that equally grey sweatshirt before shoving your feet into your Birkenstocks, grabbing your ID and running to Bolton.

You, in this time of heart-slamming lateness, have just discovered the notorious Groutfit. Don’t worry; there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. We’ve all been there, wearing an entirely grey ensemble at our 8:00 am class. For those of us that aren’t sure exactly what a Groutfit is, it’s a gift blessed upon us by the goddess of laze and fashion, and usually consists of a pair of sweatpants or leggings and a hoodie or shirt of similar coloring. By this point in the school year, I’m positive you’ve started to notice far more than 50 shades of grey-outfits (if that’s even possible) around campus. Some have been paired with Uggs, others with basket-ball shoes, but all have been fashionable.

For your inspiration and enjoyment, here are is a Her Campus writer modeling her favorite Groutfit: 

I'm just sittin' at my desk, crying over a panda video, trying to make a living with this writing thing. When I'm not working for Hercampus, I'm watching Supernatural, thinking about funding a startup for my dream trip to the Democratic Republic of Congo, or dreaming of becoming a Disney Princess.
A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.