8 Quotes to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Finals season in college can be hard and stressful, everyone is in a panic about their exams and antsy to get home to their families (mostly their beloved dogs). But because we still have 2 weeks to go before we are home-free, here are some of my favorite inspirational quotes to get you through these tough times:

* “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” –Sam Levenson *

* “Always believe in yourself and keep going. You don’t have to have the most talent in the world. You don’t have to be the smartest person in the world. If you persist and you persist and you persist, you will be successful.” –Dean Cain *

* “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.”–Morgan Freeman *

* “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” –William James

* “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” –Mahatma Gandhi *

* “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” –Oprah Winfrey

* My sister’s favorite quote: “Keep calm and carry on”

* My all-time-favorite quote: “Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground” –Teddy Roosevelt.

Just breathe, take it all in, and dream big. You got this, and good luck! Xoxo, your fellow-stressed-college student<3

Ashley Ramsay

Skidmore '21

Ashley is currently a sophomore at Skidmore College, majoring in sociology, with a minor in political science. When she’s not writing posts for Her Campus, she can be found swimming for Skidmore, running, reading (her favorite genre is Dystopian YA novels), and writing short essays.
Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore