Winter Wardrobe: Trendy Tights and Sophisticated Socks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Two days ago I arrived back into the States and was welcomed by the freezing temperatures that have made themselves at home on the East Coast. However, don’t let the weather freeze your fashionista moments and instead add some new elements to your wardrobe to melt those goose bumps away.

Tights and thigh high socks are all the rage in our perspective stylish cities. From Rome to Philadelphia, I have been noticing the trend on girls executed in a plethora of cool ways.  

Here are some looks you can try this season with tights and socks.

Look #1: Skirt and Socks

Try playing up your look with a fun skirt or dress and thigh high socks. If you are wearing them with wedges, make sure they are closed toe and a solid color. If you rock them with boots, try a pattern if you want! My go to is a black dress with a sweater over top with black thigh kick socks and my black booties. You can dress it down for class or up for a night out.

Look #2: Shorts and Tights

Do you ever miss your shorts during this time of the year? If so, you should try a pair of shorts with light black tights. My favorite look is black leather shorts with black tights. To wear out, pair it with a fun blazer. For class, you can put boots on and a sweater or chambray.

Look #3: The Whole Combo

Any collegiete can pull off the total tights and socks look. One of the simpliest ways is to try it with any type of dress. Throw on a pair of tights and add your thigh high socks over them and combine with a classic pair of black or brown boots. Add whatever accessories you want such as a scarf or a fun bag. Tada! You have a new look that is effortless, fun and different.

HC Xo,

Kate

Hello Collegiettes! My name is Kate Gentile and I am a current junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My favorite things include my dog Lilly, traveling and really arsty instagrams. Oh, and I am obsessed with Kate Middleton AND Beyonce.I am a Comm major and double minor in Advertising, PR, and Entertainment Marketing. During my time at SJU, I have interned at Philly Mag, became a sister of Alpha Phi and studied abroad last semester in Roma, Italy.After studying abroad, I now want to see many places all over the world and live for moments of beautiful unplanned enjoyment- random road trips to the beach, stopping for a drink at a cool dive bar- you name it, I am down to experience!HC SJU is an amazing team of 40+ girls (and growing) who want to offer you content of news, love, college and more. I hope you enjoy the HC SJU site and my own writing!HC XO,Kate