This Week’s Campus Cutie: Chase Mitchell Elliott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Chase Mitchell Elliott: Yes ladies, this boy has a movie star name and the looks to go with it! If you are looking for a boy that will completely swoon you, look no further. Chase is an extremely charming, single, sophomore lacrosse player and film major.  Just to let everyone know: Chase and I met at Starbucks, and he ordered a pumpkin spice latte. Major points right there!

About Chase:

From: Chase was born in South Africa and lived there until he was 6 years old. He and his family now live in Palm Beach, Florida.

Why SJU? Chase loved the sense of community here and the fact that it is small enough that you always see someone you know walking to class, but not too small where you know everyone’s business! Even though Chase is far from home, he feels that this has become his second home. Chase also had dreams of playing D1 lacrosse since 5th grade, and SJU made his dream come true!

Favorite Sport other than lacrosse: Surfing and skim boarding.

Celebrity Crush: Selena Gomez

Family life: Family is extremely important to Chase. He calls himself a “total momma’s boy” and his older brother and dad are his biggest role models.  Let’s not forget about his love for his dog, Cleopatra, an English blockhead black lab.

Chase’s Ideal Girl: Chase wants everyone to know that his girl doesn’t HAVE to be anything, but he would love her to be independent, and love Christ as much as he does, as well as value her body by eating healthy and working out.  Chase also finds it important for a girl to understand his sarcasm! He loves an ethnic look: dark hair, bright eyes, tan skin and a good nose!

First thing he notices on a girl: face, hair, smile, eyes, and personality.

Perfect girl outfit: dark wash jeans, gladiator sandals, a top that’s not too tight or too lose, just accentuating her body. Chase is also a fan of jewelry, and even the sock bun!

Perfect date: Would consist of picking her up, taking her to an indie concert, followed by a meal at a small mom and pop restaurant in the city (his favorites are Thai and southern BBQ), and lastly, recreating the dance scene from “Along Came Polly” at a jazz bar. (He believes real dancing is a dying fad and wants to bring it back)

Cutie fact: Chase saved and carries with him the movie ticket from when he received his first kiss at the movie theater! (6th grade, school for scoundrels)

Chase is truly a man of many insightful beliefs that will leave you wanting to talk to him for hours. Chase doesn’t drink, but still loves to have fun. He also believes that girls are prettiest when they wear less make up. Chase realizes that girls care too much of what others think of them, and challenges the ladies of SJU to truly live a young, wild and free life, as well as encouraging us to not wait around for boys to talk to them, giving us the permission and the “its cool” to be the girl that talks to the guy first!

Hi Everyone! My name is Lauren Principato. I am a Junior, 5 Year Co-Op Food Marketing Major at Saint Joseph's University! This major is so special to me because my entire life has revolved around food. I am what you can call a total "Foodie" and to be truthful, I am food obsessed! I am always looking for and creating new recipes, as well as trying exciting, different foods and restaurants every chance I can get. This year, I have had the opportunity to intern with Wegmans Food Markets in the specialty cheese shop, so yes, you can call me a little bit of a cheese expert! Aside from food, I am extremely interested in shopping, having fun with friends, working out, anything to do with animals, and my wonderful, fabulous, sorority, Alpha Phi; in which I am the Sisterhood Chair! As you can see, I have a crazy busy life, but I would not change that for a second! I look forward to sharing all I know about food, nutrition restaurants and more! With all my love and recipes, Lauren