Top 5 Christmas Albums to Get You in the Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

With Christmas fast approaching and finals upon us, it may be difficult finding time to get in the Christmas spirit. But what are we as busy college students better at than multitasking? Whether you’re baking cookies with your roommates or listening to music as you study, we’ve got five great Christmas albums that are sure to put you in the holiday spirit.

1. For those of you who haven’t already fallen in love with the sexy voice of Michael Buble, I guarantee this album will make you swoon. Singing a variety of Christmas classics and a few of his own including “Cold December Night,” Buble will have you wishing it was always Christmas.

2. Kelly Clarkson has come a long way since American Idol, and her new album “Wrapped in Red” proves that she’s not slowing down anytime soon. Putting a more rock and roll feel on a classic “Run, Run Rudolph,” she’ll have you singing out loud in no time. Featuring new romantic but upbeat songs like “Underneath the Tree,” these are sure to become songs played at every Christmas party this season.

3. What would Christmas be without the smooth, classic voice of Bing Crosby? I think we’ve all grown up listening to this on the radio station that plays Christmas music starting the day after Thanksgiving. Somehow this album never gets old, and brings us back to a simpler time without all the stress of finals. This is perfect to listen to when you’re cozied up in front of the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate and a cute boy by your side.

4. If you’re not in the mood to dance around and belt out “All I Want For Christmas is you” shamelessly like you have the voice of Mariah Carey, I suggest you don’t listen to this album. Mariah Carey is known to get even the most shy dancers up and moving and singing. Whether you need a study pick-me-up or you’re decorating your apartment for the holidays, this is perfect to blast and get you into a festive mood.

5. Back when Taylor Swift still sounded like she sang country music, she recorded this upbeat album of holiday favorites. For those of you looking for a slightly country spin on “Santa Baby” that is sure to get you feeling merry and bright, this album is perfect. 

As always, don’t stress too much over those finals ladies! Remember whenever you need a soothing pick-me-up or a reminder that the holidays are right around the corner, turn up the volume on these Christmas albums and you’re sure to make it to Christmas feeling festive.

Kiera is a junior at Saint Joseph's University studying Communications. She hopes to be a wedding planner one day but currently enjoys traveling, crafts, and reading fashion magazines on the beach. She loves getting involved on campus and within her sorority, Alpha Phi.