yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

The T-Shirt Dress: The Answer to Every College Girl’s Prayers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Unless you walk around campus with your eyes closed, I am sure almost everyone has noticed the trend that has taken Hawk Hill by storm, the t-shirt dress. The t-shirt dress is the ideal way to look cute and put together, without really trying at all. So basically it is the best thing to happen to girls since leggings replaced pants. This list could go on forever, but here are 5 reasons why t-shirt dresses rock. 

1.     You look put together without trying to look put together.

So cute, but so comfy at the same time, could we really ask for anything more?

2. It’s a t-shirt, and a dress…

Everyone already loves the big t-shirt to sleep in, and the t-shirt dress is basically just a more glorified version of that. 

3. It changes with the seasons.

With fall just around the corner, stores are beginning to put out long-sleeved t-shirt dresses. When it gets even colder, pair a dress with a pair of tights and boots and you just took your favorite outfit from summer to fall. 

4. Ballin’ on a budget. 

Forever 21 has them for $12.90. You probably spend more than that on your Chipotle order.

5. Dress it up, or dress it down.

A t-shirt dress can be casual for class if paired with your favorite pair of Converse, or dress it up for a day in the city with your roomies with a cute pair of sandals. 

So if you haven’t already, stock up on some t-shirt dresses, you’ll be happy you did!

HCXO, 

Paige

My name is Paige Kacmar, I am a marketing major at Saint Joseph's University. I am so excited to be part of the HerCampus SJU team. I love every little thing about Saint Joe's and could not imagine myself spending these four years anywhere else. Along with writing for this blog I am also a member of the university's dance team. I am obsessed with basketball season and love cheering on the hawks! When I'm not dancing or writing you can usually find me online shopping at Urban Outfitters, eating Doritos, or stalking Kylie Jenner's Instagram.