Spotlight: Rose Walton ‘19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Out of all the wonderful people I’ve met so far throughout my time here at SJU, I’d be hard-pressed to name someone I know who embodies “the Magis” more than my super-involved pal Rose Walton ‘19. Her energy and pride in being a Hawk are contagious, and walking across campus with Rose is like walking next to a celeb because EVERYONE here knows her.

I sat down with Rose to learn more about her time here at SJU, some fun facts about her, and where she’s headed:

Her Campus SJU: Major/Minor?

Rose Walton: Double Major- Leadership Ethics and Organizational Sustainability (LEOS), Managing Human Capital (MHC)

HC: Hometown?

RW: Warrington, PA

HC: What activities are you involved in at SJU?

RW: Competition, STUNT, and Gameday Cheerleading, University Student Senate- Chair of Athletics and Recreation, Director of the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting, Orientation Team Captain, Brother of Delta Sigma Pi, Collegiate Challenge

HC: Relationship Status?

RW: Taken

HC: What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?

RW: Spunky, Levelheaded, Sarcastic

HC: What’s your fave spot on campus?

RW: Student Senate Office where I nap in between classes and meetings

HC: Do you have a fave memory from your time at SJU so far?

RW: Very hard one… Probably psychotically screaming during the Perch viewing party for the Hawks’ NCAA run

HC: What inspired you to get involved in so many organizations at SJU and what do you like most about being so involved on campus?

RW: SJU is truly a school built on the foundation of wholehearted student involvement. I realized this early-on after meeting my best friend during PSIP freshman year (s/o Michael Efstration). Within all of my involvements, I have formed small families who see more in me than I ever thought possible. There are so many amazing and diverse people that I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet and learn from without doing all that I do. Even if it means not having a lot of free time, I certainly know I am having the “time of my life.” (thinking of this response made me tear up and cringe at the same time)

HC: Do you have any advice for incoming freshmen?

RW: Embrace uncomfortability and ask “why not me?”

HC: Favorite TV show/song/movie at the moment?

RW: Haven’t been able to keep up with shows much this semester, but How I Met Your Mother will always be my favorite show; “Like Real People Do”- Hozier; Silver Linings Playbook

HC: What’s your favorite quote?

RW: “Live with a complete indifference with regard to all created things” – St. Ignatius Loyola

HC: What’s your favorite way to take a study break during finals week?

RW: Facetime (bother) anyone in my contact list

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

RW: Costa Rica so I could go ziplining and ride the swing at the end of the world.

HC: What’s your dream job?

RW: CEO of a successful company that “brings good” to the world on many different levels and allows me to travel.

HC: Who are your role models?

RW: Tina Fey and Ronda Rousey

HC: One thing you can’t live without?

RW: Dogs. No doubt.

HC: What would you say is your biggest accomplishment to date?

RW: Not popping my waterbed

If you see Rose around campus heading to class/practice/meetings/etc, be sure to say hey! Happy finals week, Hawks!

HCXO,

Franki