SPD: How to Dress Green on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Irish or not, Philadelphia is a great city to be in to celebrating the holiday of Saint Patrick’s Day. Whether you are hopping on the Erin Express, joining in a celebration of green eggs & kegs, or simply having a Guinness at Kildares, wearing something green is required.

However, with spring break creating a huge hole in our bank accounts, many of us might not have that much to contribute to the luck of our green ensembles. No worries though, because I have found 5 inexpensive and cute pieces for an outfit that you can find right around SJU.

1. Target

Men’s Irish St. Patrick’s Day Burnout Fleece- Green

How comfy and cute is this sweater from Target? This works great for any casual outfit for a day of Irish shenanigans, or even class! Best part? It is only $10.19.

2. Bare Feet Shoes

Three Button Skinny Jeans $24.99

That’s right, Bare Feet is not only killer shoes, they also offer fun trendy pieces! For example, these sea foam green high waisted jeans are great for a colorful twist on a SPD outfit. Best part is you can incorporate them into your Spring wardrobe as well.

3. Francesca’s

If you are looking for a simple decoration to jazz up your outfit at a low cost, try this fun green bow! $5.00

Oakdale Jeweled Statement Necklace

This statement necklace is $38.00, but another great piece to keep for spring outfits that work at cocktail parties, date nights, and classes!

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

HC XO,

Kate 

Hello Collegiettes! My name is Kate Gentile and I am a current junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My favorite things include my dog Lilly, traveling and really arsty instagrams. Oh, and I am obsessed with Kate Middleton AND Beyonce.I am a Comm major and double minor in Advertising, PR, and Entertainment Marketing. During my time at SJU, I have interned at Philly Mag, became a sister of Alpha Phi and studied abroad last semester in Roma, Italy.After studying abroad, I now want to see many places all over the world and live for moments of beautiful unplanned enjoyment- random road trips to the beach, stopping for a drink at a cool dive bar- you name it, I am down to experience!HC SJU is an amazing team of 40+ girls (and growing) who want to offer you content of news, love, college and more. I hope you enjoy the HC SJU site and my own writing!HC XO,Kate