The “Reply To All” Epidemic of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Saint Joseph’s University Administrative emails are a common occurrence here on campus. We all receive them, we all casually look at them, and typically we don’t think twice about them. Why did we all receive hundreds of email replies on Tuesday, March 22? Why did everyone suddenly decide to partake in this bombardment of mailboxes? Hawk Hill may never know, however, we do know that many hawks lost their sanity that night trying to cope with the sudden rush of notifications. Here are 7 thoughts we all had when dealing with this “crisis”:

That first moment when you saw all the notifications and thought you gained a sudden burst of popularity. 

Then when you wondered why there was a massive interest in the list of tenured professors.

Then the Student Life Awards and Senior Awards email started picking up and you couldn’t separate the two different email chains.

When someone would reply to all in order to tell everyone else to stop replying to all.

When people would reply to all things such as, “Mayonnaise isn’t an instrument…horseradish isn’t an instrument either!!”.

When you thought the madness was over but then you woke up the next morning with more emails.

But then March 23rd went on just like every other Wednesday on Hawk Hill and we were finally able to wipe our mailboxes clean.

It’s not quite known yet if this rush of emails was an organized or random act, however, I can assure you that it was a great source of procrastination for all.

HCXO,

Mary