Rainy Day Runway on Campus at SJU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Happy fall ladies! My favorite time of the year; pumpkin spice lattes, falling leaves, boys in fall clothes, what could be better! Unfortunately mixed into those beautiful fall days come those “can’t I just stay in bed?” rainy days. There are some outfits in our closets we are saving for those perfect days and they will be most definitely staying inside on the rainy ones. However, we don’t have to sacrifice our style. Making a splash in a cute outfit could be the cure to the rainy day blues. Lets see how our fellow hawks are making the best out of a rainy day!

Names:

Katie McLaughlin (L, ’16) and Malia Reynolds (R, ’16)

On Katie:

Long sleeve shirt, athletic shorts, flip-flops and a kids raincoat (see why below!)

On Malia:

Vans, athletic shorts and a Marmot rain jacket in plum rose!

How do you beat the rainy day blues?:

K: “Always go comfy, a crummy day calls for something causal. We always loose rain coats in my house so my mom started buying XL kids coats to save money and they fit just like adults.”

(Thanks for the tip Katie!)

M: “I usually keep it casual. The key to a rainy day is to make sure you are comfy and cozy!” 

Name:

Alexis Criso ’15

On Alexis:

Coat is by Calvin Kline and boots are by Coach

How do you beat the rainy day blues?:

“My rainy day cure is being lazy and catching up on TV shows like Homeland and Scandal! (Scandal is one of our Netflix musts!) 

Name:

Carly McGowan ’16

On Carly:

North Face Venture Jacket in Miami Orange. Boots are the L.L. Bean “Bean” boots.

How do you beat the rainy day blues?:

“My crummy rainy day cure would probably be… I actually quite like rainy days…I’m a weirdo I know.”

Name:

Alex Lee ’16

On Alex:

Top from Nordstrom’s, shorts from Brandy Melville, Burberry rain boots and socks from Urban Outfitters

How do you beat the rainy day blues?:

“My cure on a rainy day is bundled up on the couch listening to some hipster bqq Pandora station & a spoonful of Nutella!” 

Names:

Kara Ellixson (L, ‘15), Rita Lamberti (R, ‘15)

On Kara:

Chambray shirt from Marshalls paired with black leggings from Victorias Secret and dotted black rain boots from Target 

On Rita:

Lacoste polo, jeans, and Hunter boots from Nordstrom’s

How do you beat the rainy day blues?:

K: “My cure to a crummy day is tea and sleep!”

R: “My cure for a crummy day is Dawson’s creek!”

Stay dry and warm ladies! 

xo C

Hello HerCampus! I'm Carolyn Mullen, senior Communications major at Saint Joseph's University. As a member of HerCampus SJU I contribute to the style blog and am excited to share with all of you the fashion of our campus!