The Pros and Cons of Being Back on Hawk Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Ahhh, the smell of a fresh, over-priced textbook that you’ll never open. You know what that means…

Happy new semester, hawks! Whether you’re glad to be back or you’re not, this semester is going happen and it’s up to you to either hop aboard the struggle bus, or look on the bright side of life and be happy you get a fresh start. There are many things we love about SJU like the beautiful campus, great people, and hawk wraps (duh). But there are also some things that make us want to pull our hair out during the course of a semester here on campus. Being back for a new set of classes and activities is really exciting, but at the same time quite painful. 

Being a Hawk is great but you’re feeling a lot of mixed emotions being back at the Hill.

1.     Seeing Barbelin when driving back to campus is a glorious sight. *Brace for Instagrams.*

2.     Ending your binge-watch love affair with Netflix is the hardest breakup you’ve ever endured.

3.     Waking up to an alarm for your morning class makes it really hard to, you know, want to participate in life that day.

4.     Having to eat Campion food on the swipe side… I’d just rather not.

5.     Thursdays are the start of the weekend and you wouldn’t want it any other way.

6.     Being busy 24/7. That went 0 to 100 real quick.

7.     Syllabus week often falls short of your suppositions.

Expectations:

Reality:

8.     Seeing your friends everyday without having to plan anything makes life so much better. Minimal effort is the best kind of effort.

9.     On the other hand, having to avoid the people you DON’T want to see walking to class is a pain. Super awk.

10.   Hawk wraps are God’s gift to man and you are so happy to end your separation from them.

11.   Parties and bars.

12.   Hangovers.

It’s bittersweet being back at SJU, but when it comes down to it, we wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

HCXO,

Alli

Hi! My name is Alli Murray and I am a sophomore communications major at Saint Joe's University. I am passionate about leading a healthy life, which means eating clean and workin' on my fitness! My goal is to inspire girls to do the same and help kickstart their fitness journey.