Profile: Rodney Gould

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

The man, the myth, the legend himself; Rodney in McShain is an icon for Saint Joseph’s University. Today we’ll get a personal look at bubbly man that can brighten up anyone’s day.

Name: Rodney Gould

Position: Desk Attendant in McShain Hall

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

Her Campus: What is your favorite part about the SJU community and being a part of it?

Rodney Gould” “Well, I enjoy the interactions with the students.”

HC: What is the best part of your job?

RG: “Watching young students become young adults.”

HC: How long have you worked at SJU?

RG: “4 years.”

HC: Do you prefer working in McShain or Ashwood?

RG: “They each have their pluses and minuses. Ashwood is basically sophomores and juniors and McShain are all freshmen. So, in Ashwood I don’t have to say things as many times as I do in McShain.”

HC: What’s the craziest experience you’ve had?

RG: “On one night, 3 students all got locked out of their rooms, and had to come to the lobby in their towels.”

HC: What are previous jobs you’ve had?

RG: “Travel agent, customer service representative in a men’s department store, customer service representative for Verizon for 27 years”

HC: What is your dream job?

RG: “The person who oils up Beyonce, oooh. I’d put all the lotion all over her.”

HC: What do you do in your free time?

RG: “I’m a movie watcher, see plays, walks in the park, that kind of the stuff.”

HC: If you could travel to/see anywhere in the world, where/what would you go?

RG: “I would like to travel through Europe with no luggage and shop my way through the countries and then end up in Australia.”

Next time you’re in McShain, stop and say hello to Rodney. He’ll even give you candy if you visit on a Thursday.

-HCXO, Ella

"In West Philadelphia, born n raised..."   hahah, just kidding.... I grew up in a town called Carlisle about 30 mintues west of Harrisburg, PA. I've lived off articles like the ones of HerCampus especially when it came time to prepare for the dorm lifestyle.    xoxo, ella