This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Pet Sematary has been out for about a week now. If you haven’t seen it yet, or if you haven’t even heard of it, get out from underneath that rock and go!!!!

This movie is based on the thrilling seminal horror novel by Stephen King. It follows “Dr. Louis Creed (Jason Clarke), who, after relocating with his wife Rachel (Amy Seimetz) and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family’s new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his unusual neighbor, Jud Crandall (John Lithgow), setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences.”

Now, it’s hard to talk about this movie without giving away any spoilers (which is why you seriously need to see it). If you’re a fan of scary movies of any kind, you’ll definitely want to add this to your must watch list.

Here’s the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0LNzU2TQI

Stephen King is essentially a genius when it comes to thrilling stories. Need an example? … You’ve seen The Shining, right? Or Carrie? How about my personal favorite, The Shawshank Redemption?

I get my love for movies like these from my mom. She watches a ton of thrillers, horrors, and follows everything Stephen King related. She’s the woman that influences all of my tastes.

Seaking of women, some of the women in Stephen King’s films have portrayed women fascinatingly throughout the years. Let’s take a look at two of my personal favorites (despite these two being my favorites, they’re also factually correct. Sorry, you can’t change my mind!)…

1. Annie Wilkes (Misery)

Some may say this character is “a manifestation of all the angry letters sent by King fans when things don’t go their way”, but she is also a fascinating character (and she got Kathy Bates her first Academy Award). She’s got a mouth on her, that’s for sure, and has no problem with violence (don’t judge, we all have our crazy sides, right?).

2. Carrie (Carrie)

Yeah, okay, Carrie’s a murderer… big deal. What I love about Carrie is that this movie is about HER. During the time of this release, a strong (yet… crazy) female role is all us ladies want!

Anyway, Stephen King’s films are full of twists, turns, and mind blowing stories. So if there’s anything I want to leave you with, it’s this… If you haven’t seen Pet Sematary yet, GO SEE IT!

HCXO,

Devon

Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent