How To: Internship Make-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

So, you nailed it. You slaved over your resume and cover letter until they were perfection, you remained calm-cool-and collected during your interview, and you finally got the call back to inform you that you landed your dream internship! Congratulations are in order ladies. So what now? Now you should start thinking about the impression you want to give during your internship. Makeup can reveal a lot about a person, and this can be either a good thing or a bad thing. To make sure you get it right, follow these simple steps to looking polished, fresh-faced, and ready to take on the world one step at a time!

1.    Clean, glowy skin is key to your look. You never want to look cakey or overdone, so stick with a light base to even out your skin tone such as a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream. They will give you coverage, but still allow your skin to show through, which is exactly the look you should go for! If you suffer with blemishes (don’t we all sometimes?), simply use a hydrating concealer over your base on the areas that need it.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

2.    Now, when it comes to blush and bronzer, you need to be very careful  

because it’s so easy to go overboard and you definitely don’t you’re your boss and co-workers to think you resemble a clown. To keep it simple, take a fluffy brush and sweep some bronzer all over your face to achieve a healthy glow. To finish it off, apply a pinky-peach cream blush to the apples of your cheeks for a natural flush that will brighten your face.

NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer & Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in Pinched

3.   As for your eyes, it’s all about playing up your peepers, but also keeping it light and natural as possible. I used the oh so lovely Naked Basics Palette to add natural definition to the eyes, but any neutral palette will work beautifully! Apply a light shadow all over the lid, and then run a light brown shade in the crease to create a natural-looking shadow. To keep it extra simple, use a matte black shadow to line your upper lash line. Using a shadow defines the eyes but is less harsh than a liquid or gel liner. Then just pump up your lashes with a few coats of mascara and you’re good to go!

Naked Basics Palette & Covergirl Lash Blast 24 Hour Mascara

4.    The last step in creating a polished and gorgeous makeup look for your

summer internship is to apply a rosy pink lipstick or balm to your pout for the perfect your lips but better look. Make sure to pack your favorite lip balm to keep your lips hydrated all day long!

Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Rose of Attraction

I hope these simple steps help all you lovely summer interns out there to achieve the fresh-faced, gorgeous makeup look you want. You’ll look great, feel great, and do amazing! Good luck!  

– Kaleigh Fasanella

Kaleigh is currently a sophomore at Saint Joseph's University in Philly! Her passions include all things beauty — makeup, hair, skincare... she loves it all! If she could play with and test out makeup and skincare products all day, she'd be one happy camper. Besides being a total beauty junkie, she's also obsessed with fashion, music, writing (of course), and running. This past summer she interned for Lovelyish.com and wrote her heart out about beauty, fashion and more. She dreams of being a beauty editor at a big time magazine such as Seventeen, Glamour, or Cosmo!