Four Ways to Spend Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Valentine’s Day, the holiday that couples thrive on and singles dread. There are so many different ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day. This holiday is different for everyone so here are some ideas on how to spend it, and a few trendy outfit ideas for these occasions!

Girls’ Night In

Want a low-key night with the girls? A pajama party with your best friends can be a great way to spend Valentine’s Day. Put on your favorite PJ’s, pop in a sappy romantic movie, and you are guaranteed a fun night!

Carley Nichols ‘18

Nightgown: Victoria Secret. Socks: Target. Eye Mask: Forever 21.

Date Night

Are you one of the “lucky” ones with a Valentine this year? Put on your best dress and go out to a nice dinner! A candlelit dinner with your Valentine can be a nice, romantic way to spend your Valentine’s Day. 

Ellie Danjolell ‘18

Dress: Express. Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell.

Anti-Valentine’s Day

Do hearts and love make you want to puke? Well then you’re most likely an anti-Valentine’s Day person. Find someone who hates it just as much as you do and bond over hating it. Wear all black and drown out the love.

Julie Mascitti and Carly Cochrane ‘18

Dresses: Forever 21. Shoes: Florence & Steve Madden. 

Crush Party

Single and ready to mingle? Get all dressed up in your white, pink, and red and head out with your friends. Cupid might even be on your side that night and you might end up meeting your Valentine there. You are guaranteed to have a great night out with your friends.  

Baylee Tempesta ‘18

Dress: Charlotte Russe. Shoes: Steve Madden.  

HCXO,

Kara