This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Ever get sick of your mundane workout routine in O’Pake?  Well, Maya and I sure did… We were tired of the guys in cut off tee’s, the lack of machines, and crowded tread mill area.  Lucky for us, Focus Fitness Main Line was there to spice up our workouts!  Stated on their website, Focus Fitness “appeals to all fitness levels, from the beginner to the iron man. Seasoned athletes will get the challenging physical and mental workouts they have been looking for. Newcomers will enjoy working out at their own pace, in a warm, inviting, non-competitive environment. Workouts are expertly taught, leaving you strong, refreshed and ready to tackle life’s next challenge.”  The both of us can attests to this, not only did Focus Fitness give us a great workout but it also catered to all levels.

For our first class, Maya and I attended Focus Fitness’s 8:30 am spin class.  I, myself, had never been to a spin class before, but Maya is a pro and convinced me that I would love every second of it.  I was caught completely by surprise when the lights went off, the black lights went on, and the music started blasting… There was even a Beyoncé music video halfway through.  Between the great mix of pump up music and unexpected music videos this class had me loving this new workout!

The second class Maya and I tried out was Barre class.  This is a combination of Pilates, light weights, and ballet.  This class worked muscles I didn’t even know I had, through small movements that directly target a specific muscle.  For us, this was a very challenging class. We never thought that we would be sore from Barre, but we walked out of this class exhausted!  

The third class we took was YeS class. This is a combination of both spinning and either yoga, TRX or Core. These were by far our favorite classes; it’s like nothing we have tried ever before! If you have not taken a class like this we highly recommend it. The level of soreness after this was unreal, but it was a great workout that left us feeling satisfied!

The final class we tried was Yoga. The yoga that Focus Fitness offers varies from Anusara, Ashtanga, Hot, Kripalu, Baptiste Power, Pranakiya and Yin. Our favorite yoga class we took was the Baptiste Power. A high intensity yoga practice it challenged us to push us past our limits. I have always used yoga as a cross training workout and Baptiste definitely still gave my body a great workout without putting stress on my joints!

Focus Fitness is overall an amazing studio! They offer your first class free so stop in soon and try one of their amazing classes!  Thank you Focus Fitness for a great month of classes!

To sign up for classes, or for just more information visit: http://focusfitnessml.com/

HCXO

Clare is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus SJU.  She joined the team in August of 2014 as a contributing writer and later was elected to be the chapter's first secretary.  She is a Chicago native who is currently a junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia.  At SJU she is a Communication Studies major, Advertising and Promotions minor, and is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta. This upcoming summer, Clare will be interning at BHLDN, an URBN company.
Maya is a sophmore, Pharmasuctical Healthcare Marketing and Communications double major. Aside for writting for her campus, she is the Editor of the Pharmasuctical Marketing Newsletter,  and Director of the Philanthropy for the,Theta Theta chpater of Alpha Phi. If you see Maya around campus she is mostlikly sporting her Trenta iced americano from starbucks, in her ridiculous overised sun glasses and Wearing Fahsion greek or Francesca Joy (Companies she is a representive for). Maya looks forward to contributing to HerCampus and showing how SJU is full of some HBIC's.