Fancy, Fierce & Fun: The 4 Most Fashionable Girls at SJU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

There is nothing better than opening your Instagram and scrolling through your feed to check out fashion from all over the world. With a hashtag such as #ootd (outfit of the day), we are constantly looking at what celebs, bloggers, and fashion icons are wearing. 

But lets get real.  Instagram is a fairy tale land (thank you filters) when it comes to perfect outfits. As the Style Editor of HC SJU, I want to say one thing: style is not about the perfection of your outfit, but the originality and uniqueness

With that being said, do we ever take a moment to capture the style that walks the Hawk Hill runway? If you haven’t, here is your chance. Alongside my team member Kelly Wallace, I had the pleasure to photograph and interview one girl from each grade who has executed A+ style. Read on to get a closer look at these fabulous girls.

Class of 2014: Faith Vaccaro

HC: What is your style inspiration?

Faith- My inspiration will forever come from the Olsen twins & Pinterest of course.

HC: What is your favorite thing in your closet right now?

Faith- All my widly printed pants! I’m dying to whip out the haram pants I got while volunteering in India over winter break.

HC: What is your shopping secret?

Faith- My secret is that I’ll always pick up one thing I think may be a little too out there; it’s amazing all the new things you can piece together and can rock!

Class of 2015: Julia Burke

HC: What is your style inspiration?

Julia- I know it sounds weird, but my style inspirations are Vanessa & Denise Huxtable from the Cosby Show. I watched the show growing up, and was always jealous of all their clothes. I also love the way all of the women dress on Twin Peaks!

Julia- Probably this black velvet dress that I got for $7 at a good will store. I’m totally obsessed with velvet everything so that’s one of my favorite finds.

HC: What is your shopping secret?

Julia- Never pass up something unique that you love just because you don’t necessarily need it or wouldn’t wear it every day. I know that’s very impractical but you’ll be surprised what sorts of everyday outfits you can make out of a really unusual item of clothing!

Class of 2016: Emily Seidman 

HC: What is your style inspiration?

Emily- Miley Cyrus, pre hair cut and Kylie Jenner!

Emily- My floor length fringe black cardigan.

HC: What is your shopping secret?

Emily- Never stop looking! 

Class of 2017: Alexandra Otero 

HC: What is your style inspiration?

Alexandra- I just try to be unique! I like all styles. Sometimes I will dress preppy and then hipster the next day.

Alexandra- My favorite things in my closet are my tennis shoes and scarves.

HC: What is your shopping secret?

Alexandra– Buying things that no one else has!

*Special thanks to Kelly Wallace for the incredible photography work. You go girl!

HC XO,

Kate

Hello Collegiettes! My name is Kate Gentile and I am a current junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My favorite things include my dog Lilly, traveling and really arsty instagrams. Oh, and I am obsessed with Kate Middleton AND Beyonce.I am a Comm major and double minor in Advertising, PR, and Entertainment Marketing. During my time at SJU, I have interned at Philly Mag, became a sister of Alpha Phi and studied abroad last semester in Roma, Italy.After studying abroad, I now want to see many places all over the world and live for moments of beautiful unplanned enjoyment- random road trips to the beach, stopping for a drink at a cool dive bar- you name it, I am down to experience!HC SJU is an amazing team of 40+ girls (and growing) who want to offer you content of news, love, college and more. I hope you enjoy the HC SJU site and my own writing!HC XO,Kate