Campus Cutie: Sam Givens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This week I had the honor to have a very interesting little chat with our newest Campus Cutie, Sam Givens. He is not only good looking, he is also very easy to talk to and such a sweetheart. Sam is a true prince charming. Take a look:

Hometown: Rockville, MD.

Year: Sophomore.

Major: Marketing.

Relationship Status: Single…oh wait ladies, he said newly single.

Campus Involvement: Weekly service; Sam actually goes to a high school in center city and runs with high school kids (isn’t that sweet?).  This past spring break was his first time participating on APEX. He participates in a handful of Intramural Sports (athletic much?). He has also been on two Immersion Programs.

Favorite thing about SJU: The community; the fact that everywhere you walk you are probably going to know and say hi to someone. He really likes that we are a very active and involved campus; everyone is involved in at least one activity.

Celebrity Crush: Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence. (We know he has good taste!)

Perfect date: Taking a girl to a country concert. He admits he is a huge country fan. Attention ladies, he drives a truck.

Deal breaker: He really does not like when girls use “like” way too much. He also said that a girl has to be comfortable with bugs

One thing to do before you die: Sam wants to drive from coast to coast. He even knows it would take him around two weeks to do it. (He probably needs someone to tag along)

3 things that catch your attention about a girl: Good personality, pretty eyes and a nice smile

Best pick up line: “Are you from Ireland? Because when I see you my penis is Dublin.” (He is also funny)

One country that he would travel to: Italy. He is actually studying abroad next semester in Florence.

Guilty pleasure: He is a sucker for chick flicks. He really likes P.S I love you. (Who doesn’t?)

Sam is rocking the red bowtie on the right.

Born and raised in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Majoring in Communication Studies at Saint Joseph's University. I am a fashion lover since day one, I am pretty sure it is in my genes. I believe that knowledge is important, love and kindness are necessary, faith is what holds everything together, and being girly doesn't hurt anyone.