Campus Cutie: Ben Weir

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Ben Weir: Class of 2014

Hometown: Hillsdale, Bergen County, NJ

Major: Food Marketing

Minor: Sociology 

Involvement on Hawk Hill: Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, APEX, Hawk Host

Post-gradation plans: “I’ll be working in a Sales Leadership Development Program for a Fortune 200 company come this summer” – Pretty impressive!

Interested? Keep reading ladies, ‘cause he’s SINGLE!

Ben (pictured on the left) before a fraternity date party.

What’s one class you really enjoyed during your time at SJU?

“Microeconomics with Charlie Mallowe; he owns a beer distributor, so his examples were all very practical and interesting.”

A class you never want to take again?

“Faith, Justice and the Catholic Tradition. Maybe I’m still a public school kid at heart, but it was painfully boring.” – Don’t worry Ben you are NOT alone there!

Describe your Dream Job:

“Being a tour guide in the rain forest of South America.”

What’s one item on your bucket list?

“Visit Machu Picchu in Peru. It’s the wallpaper on my computer if anyone wants to see it!” – Hmm sounds enticing, study break?

Tell us a random fact about yourself we’d be shocked to find out:

“I actually had to be picked up from the police station in High School for pranking my friends car.”

What’s your favorite spot on Hawk Hill?

“Barbelin courtyard, especially if you have time to sit down and talk with someone.” – Meet you there! 

How do you spend your time outside of class or work?

“This winter I’m trying to do as much skiing as possible. Come summer I will be working on the mess that is my golf game.” – Honesty, we like it!

Which television series are you currently binge watching?

“Sherlock on BBC has been a favorite. And I’m just starting to get into Mad Men now.”

Which actor would you want to play you in a movie?

“Paul Rudd. The guy is one of the funniest people in the world.” – and he’s pretty cute, too!

Tie or Bow Tie?

“Always a tie unless it’s a Catalina Wine Mixer or something.” – Can’t go wrong with a classic look.

OK now for the good stuff…

Top 3 things you notice or look for in a girl:

“Outgoing personality, sense of humor, and her eyes.”

Top 3 deal breakers?

“I don’t usually have a deal breakers, but being self absorbed and smoking would probably be big no’s.” – Easy enough. 

Describe an ideal date:

“My ideal date would always start with food. So, whether it be a fine restaurant or grabbing street food, both are good with me. Capping the day with a scenic view of the sunset is a must, too.” – Well I don’t know about anyone else, but sign me up!

If you were to cook a girl dinner, what would you make?

“I would ask what kind of food she likes first, but I do feel pretty confident in my chicken parm.” – another classic favorite!

Best pick up line?

“Let me first just say I would never actually use a pick up line…but I might try ‘Oh, I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?’”

Ben (pictured above) was asked to be a model at the AGD fall fashion show, “Derby for Diabetes”

There you have it HC readers! All you need now is his number…or maybe he needs yours.  

HCXO

My name is Annie Lagasse and although it's hard to admit, I am a senior at St. Joseph's University. Studying communications and marketing, over the last 3 years I've found a very special place in my heart for Hawk Hill. I grew up in a small town called Simsbury CT, with my two older brothers, my mom (who doubles as my best friend) and my wonderful father. Although I was blessed to grow up among the local farms, cow pastures and homemade ice cream stands of Simsbury, after 18 years it was time to branch out. While I'm still adapting to the big city and learning to love water ice and soft pretzels, I have certainly found a home in Philadelphia.