Campus Celebrity: Natalie Roche

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This past week, I had the pleasure of sitting down with the super outgoing Natalie Roche! You probably saw her this past weekend as she was one of two students who got to personally meet the Pope. Read more below to learn about Natalie:

HC: Where are you from?

Natalie: Bethlehem, PA

HC: What year are you?

Natalie: Junior, class of 2017

HC: What’s your major?

Natalie: Elementary education with a minor in TESOL (Teaching English to speakers of other languages)

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

Natalie: I’m our Student Body Vice President, a member of Alpha Phi, an orientation leader, and I participate in student run-theatre.

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words?

Natalie: Bubbly, old-soul (can that count as one word?), passionate

HC: Favorite class you’ve taken at SJU?

Natalie: Theology or Buddhism, which is probably totally surprising to people.

HC: Favorite food?

Natalie: Black and white cookies, they started selling them in DB and I usually eat like three a day, there’s never any left! 

HC: Favorite place to go on campus?

Natalie: Watching the sunset over the baseball field.

HC: Top thing on your bucket list?

Natalie: Go to Harry Potter world. 

HC: Best SJU memory?

Natalie: Meeting the Pope obviously, but also the day I found out I was a redshirt.

HC: So, what was it like meeting the Pope?

Natalie: Literally like meeting an angel, I was surprised at how calm I was.  His smile was the best part of it, it was absolutely incredible. Just super exciting having the student body standing behind me watching it happen it was incredible.

HC: What did you say to him?

Natalie: “Thank you for your love and happiness”.

Thanks to Natalie for sharing her once in a lifetime weekend with us. Make sure you say hi to her if you see her around campus!

HCXO,

Kellie