Campus Celebrity: Christina Lampert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

I am proud to announce that this week’s Campus Celeb is Christina Lampert! Vice President of Recruitment for AGD and President of the American Marketing Association (AMA) at Saint Joe’s, Christina is a huge contributor to SJU’s well-rounded camps. We took some time to congratulate Christina on her achievements and give her a chance to tell us a bit about herself. 

The Basics

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

Year: 2016

Major: Marketing

Activities involved in at SJU/leadership positions held: President of AMA, Vice President of Recruitment for AGD, Vice President of Programming and Fundraising for AMA, Director of Public Relations for AGD, Philly Ad Club, Appalachia Service Spring Break Program, Adventure Club

Fun fact about Christina: “I’ve tried out for an Oscar Meyer Weiner commercial. I didn’t get it….”

What is your favorite memory at SJU thus far? 

My entire freshman year living in Sourin, Suite 240. 

Christina, what is your favorite Aspect about Greek Life?

I think the philanthropy events that each Greek organization puts on are amazing. Each event is always a ton of fun to go to and everyone does a great job of involving the entire Saint Joe’s community.  The fact that college students have the power to raise as much money that they do for those in need is inspiring on so many levels.

As recruitment chair, what advice would you give students considering rushing a sorority?

Rushing is one of the best opportunities offered here at SJU. It’s a week to put yourself out there and meet other girls who are involved around campus. Don’t be nervous, either! Every sister wants to welcome you and get to know you throughout each party. It is also important to keep an open mind throughout the process. Be yourself and you will find the sorority that will be sure to make your time here on Hawk Hill amazing! 

So you were elected President of The AMA? tell us a bit about that:

I am so happy. The AMA has done so much for me these past couple of years as an aspiring marketer and I couldn’t be more thrilled to represent the organization as its President. The best part about it is working with such an awesome Executive Board!

How has he AMA impacted your time at SJU? And what advice can you give to students considering joining AMA?

I just love the AMA. I think our events put perspective to everything that you learn in the classroom about marketing. You’re sitting in class and you’re like, “Okay, why am I learning this? I’ve never even seen this applied” But our events put these concepts to life and you meet, listen, and engage with professionals that were sitting exactly where you were at one point. Therefore, their advice is invaluable. The AMA has really been a motivator to get going with networking, internship searches, and attending industry events. Even if you’re on the fence about joining or want to learn more, like our 
Facebook page at SJU American Marketing Association and look out for upcoming meetings and events! 

Where can we find you when you’re not on Hawk Hill?

Exploring a new place to eat in Center City.

What’s something else you hope to accomplish before graduating?

To find out what it is that I absolutely LOVE to do. I don’t want to be one of those seniors who is absolutely dreading graduating. I love my time here at SJU but I wanted to be excited about the next chapter of my life once I figure out that position that, “doesn’t even feel like work.”