Campus Celebrity: Chad Gill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This week’s SJU Campus Celeb is someone who is recognizable around campus for not only being a bit lanky and extremely tall, but better yet, his incredibly welcoming personality. Believe me when I say this, since I met him my freshmen year, solely because he decided to sit next to me and talk before every one of our Forging the Modern World classes, Chad Gill is still someone that I am lucky to call a mentor and great friend, even a year later. We sat down together inside of the moon bounce in his backyard to find out some fun facts about him to share with Her Campus. Throughout the interview his energy was high, which truly reflects his lively personality.

The essential “must knows” about Chad Gill:

HC: Where did you grow up?

CG: Horsham, PA

HC: Date of Birth/Age/Sign/Year at SJU

CG: I’m 22, born June 24, a cancer, and a senior

HC: Major?

CG: Accounting (uhhh, ew?)

HC: Why SJU?

CG: My grandfather was the Class of 1961 and my mother was the Class of 1988. SJU has always been a special part of my family, and I recognized that they have a strong accounting program that I wanted to be apart of.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

CG: Brother of Lambda Chi Alpha, Dean’s Leadership Program for three years, Accounting Society, and 54th Airborne

HC: Plans or goals for after graduation?

CG: I’ll be working in Philadelphia for Ernest and Young (EY), which is a big four accounting firm. I’ll be working in the financial service audit department. I received a full-time job offer after my internship, which prepared me well to begin working next fall.

HC: How did you decide that you wanted to join Greek Life as a freshman?

CG: My father was in Lambda in college and my mother was one of the founding members of the sorority Alpha Gamma Delta at SJU. I grew up hearing stories about their positive and rewarding experiences, and I admired the relationships that my parents maintained with their Greek Life friends throughout adulthood.

HC: Biggest personal accomplishment at SJU?

CG: Being named a Sutula Scholar during the spring semester of my junior year. This award is designated for rising senior accounting students, who have demonstrated qualities of leadership and have distinguished themselves in the accounting program. The reward is given in an attempt to enrich these students’ experience in accounting at SJU and beyond.

Also, during the spring semester of my sophomore year, I was appointed as the treasurer of Lambda. Being apart of the exec board of an organization that was helping me grow into myself at SJU is something that I will always be grateful for.

Now let’s really get to know him…

HC: #1 place you can be found on campus?

CG: In DB, eating a hawk wrap

HC: What is your favorite pump up song before MRT?

CG: Roses and Until You Were Gone by The Chainsmokers

HC: Favorite experience at SJU?

CG: Going up to Buffalo, NY to watch SJU play in the NCAA tournament, because I was proud to be supporting my team in our biggest collegiate athletic experience. Even though we lost to UCONN, I was happy that my friends and I were given the opportunity to travel with the team and support them.

Another is my two years living with eleven other members of my fraternity in a house nearby campus, known to many as “The Mansion.” It’s very entertaining and there’s always something to do, like we always watch various sports games together, even though we all have different favorite teams. We also get ready together to go out. (While Chad was answering this question, his equally lanky and tall roommate, Christian Kennedy joined us on the moon bounce to add that the boys comb each other’s hair before they go out and enjoy dancing together in the house). (awwwwwww, adorable!)

HC: The Truth: How tall are you and what is your shoe size? (He laughed when I asked this)

CG: 6’6’’, size 14, and proud.

HC: What can you be found drinking at the bar?

CG: Whiskey Gingers

HC: Single or Taken?

CG: SINGLE (slide into his DM’s ladies)  

HC: Top item on your bucket list?

CG: Go watch the Eagles play in the Super Bowl. Hopefully this opportunity will happen to me in my lifetime.

HC: Fall or Spring Semester?

CG: Spring semester because basketball season is in full-swing and campus starts to become more alive again.

HC: What exactly do you mean by “more alive again?”

CG: Well I mean everyone starts to spend more time outside. Everyone starts to cheer up when it gets warmer out.

HC: What have you learned since you started at SJU that has shaped you into the person that you are today, and do you have any advice for current underclassmen that might be fearful of the future?

CG: Hmmm, this is a difficult one, but for a good reason. SJU has taught me many lessons throughout my collegiate experience. The number one thing would probably have to be that hard work, dedication, and having a passion for something really does pay off in the end. My advice would be to do something that you love and do it for yourself, not your resume or because your family is expecting you to, do it to gain a personal value. For me, I took my first accounting class during the first semester of my freshman year, and unlike many other business students, I loved it. I knew that I wanted to pursue this path and I dedicated myself to succeeding at it ever since. Now, I have my dream job and I couldn’t be happier during my senior year. I have been lucky to have Father Rashford, the previous president of this university, as a mentor throughout my time at SJU. He personally taught me to be a leader.

Well Hawks, hopefully after reading this interview you stop Chad when you pass by him on campus and say hello. Expect a huge smile in return.

Xoxo

HC, FG 

(: