Campus Celeb: Ellie Paparone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Ellie (center) with other Red Shirts for Orientation

HC SJU- You are such a friendly face on Hawk Hill. What are you involved in on campus?

Ellie-Thank you!! I’m Appalachia Coordinator, I’m in City Belles, and I’m a Red Shirt. Well, there’s a new team now so I guess I’m retired/irrelevant.

HC SJU- Wow! So you are not only spending your own spring break going on Appalachia, but you are running the whole show! What is it like preparing for such a special time for SJU students?

I wish I could do it for the rest of my life! Appalachia is my favorite thing in the world, and I get to plan every detail of it. I’m also blessed with two wonderful co-coordinators and the coolest boss ever (shout out to Ryan Fox, Brandon Talisesky, and Matt Fullmer!) which makes it even better. It’s all super ideal.

HC SJU- If you could describe to SJU students why they should do Appalachia in one sentence, what would it be?

You’ll make incredible new friends you would’ve never otherwise met and create such deep bonds…and you get to wear sweatpants all week.

Ellie (left) on Appalachia last year with friends

HC SJU- You are in your last semester at St. Joes. What has been one of your favorite moments on Hawk Hill?

Orientation was always so exciting. Showing the incoming class why you love St Joe’s makes you fall in love even harder.

HC SJU- Who is your celebrity crush?

I absolutely love John Krasinski. My roommate and I watch The Office all the time and cry about how perfect he is.

HC SJU- Favorite class you ever took at SJU?

I loved my Civic Media class because it showed the ways in which social media and other digital platforms have the power to make positive impacts.

HC SJU- What is it like singing at the basketball games?

I think it’s so fun! Especially when the whole student section comes in to sing “Oh, say does that Star Spangled Banner…” I smile every time.

HC SJU- If you could choose one bar in Manayunk to hang at, what would it be?

It depends on my mood. Cuddies if I want to be in a crowded place and dance to Jason DeRulo. Flat Rocks if I want to be in a crowded place and sing Country Roads.

HC SJU- Describe your perfect Saturday night at St. Joes

A house party with all my best friends that turns into a late night of sing alongs.

HC SJU- Wawa, Dunkin, or Starbucks?

Dunkin for iced, Wawa for hot.

Want to catch Ellie in action? Look for her singing at the next SJU basketball game and cheer her on!

Ellie & the City Belles

HC XO,

Kate

Hello Collegiettes! My name is Kate Gentile and I am a current junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My favorite things include my dog Lilly, traveling and really arsty instagrams. Oh, and I am obsessed with Kate Middleton AND Beyonce.I am a Comm major and double minor in Advertising, PR, and Entertainment Marketing. During my time at SJU, I have interned at Philly Mag, became a sister of Alpha Phi and studied abroad last semester in Roma, Italy.After studying abroad, I now want to see many places all over the world and live for moments of beautiful unplanned enjoyment- random road trips to the beach, stopping for a drink at a cool dive bar- you name it, I am down to experience!HC SJU is an amazing team of 40+ girls (and growing) who want to offer you content of news, love, college and more. I hope you enjoy the HC SJU site and my own writing!HC XO,Kate