12 things the SJU Senior Class of 2015 Will Always Remember

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Like a bonafide Lil Wayne lyric, they hate to see us go, but love to watch us leave. Time is quickly going by and senior year on Hawk Hill is coming to a close. Lucky enough to be a member, the Class of 2015 has made its impact on SJU in more ways than one. We are the first and last class to remember quite a few memorable moments during our college careers. Lets take a walk down memory lane.

1. Sweeney Field will always be Finnesey Field to us. Sans the bronze Hawks as well.
  2. We discovered Cuddies in all its three floors of gloriness and made it a SJU go to in our sophomore year
  3. We remember when the doors of the Drexel Library where located on the old side facade, and the PLC aka “Club Lib” did not exist.
  4. Our freshmen year, Villiger Hall did not exist and we all lived in campus houses, Sourin, LaFarge or McShain.
  5. “Fresco Salads” Before Subway any day. And always with the pita bread. Even though no one says it, they were way better than: 6. There were four frats.. not so much anymore. 7. Instagram was just getting popular, and most of us were still using digital cameras and not iPhones. 8. Snapchat did not exist. 9. The walkway between St. Mary’s and McShain was not paved, and we trekked (and slipped) on muddy grass to shave 10 seconds off our walks through campus. 10. Cosi was a hangout, before Landmark and that weird froyo place took over. 11. Larry’s looked more like a late night cafeteria before its renovations going into Junior year with orange wall paper. 12. 5 members of the class of 2015 founded and started the Her campus SJU chapter :) Thank you to everyone who helped me with this article for the Senior Class. Best wishes and good luck to all the members of the class of 2015!

HC XO,

Kate

Hello Collegiettes! My name is Kate Gentile and I am a current junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My favorite things include my dog Lilly, traveling and really arsty instagrams. Oh, and I am obsessed with Kate Middleton AND Beyonce.I am a Comm major and double minor in Advertising, PR, and Entertainment Marketing. During my time at SJU, I have interned at Philly Mag, became a sister of Alpha Phi and studied abroad last semester in Roma, Italy.After studying abroad, I now want to see many places all over the world and live for moments of beautiful unplanned enjoyment- random road trips to the beach, stopping for a drink at a cool dive bar- you name it, I am down to experience!HC SJU is an amazing team of 40+ girls (and growing) who want to offer you content of news, love, college and more. I hope you enjoy the HC SJU site and my own writing!HC XO,Kate