Why You Should Read “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

I recently purchased and read “The Secret” by Rhonda Byrne to learn about manifestation and the law of attraction.

If you’ve always wanted to learn more about manifestation and start your own journey with it, this book is a great starting point. I am not exaggerating when I say that “The Secret” changed my life. It helped me relieve the profuse overthinking in my mind, and it also helped with imposter syndrome.

The book will teach you how to use the so-called “Secret” in all areas of your life, including money, health, relationships, and happiness. 

“The Secret” shares the wisdom of physicists, teachers, speakers, business owners, authors, and more. They share scientific reasonings and stories to explain how The Secret helped them and their peers achieve health, wealth, and happiness.

As I read the book, I related so much to what they were saying because they shared common bad thoughts in people’s minds, such as “things aren’t working right”. After explaining the things we relate most to, they shared how to get rid of those thoughts and what to think instead.

For example, being grateful for all the things you have in life and saying “thank you” out loud. 

What is The Secret that’s mentioned so often in the book? This short quote by Bob Proctor in the book sums it up:

“The Secret is the law of attraction! Everything that’s coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it’s attracted to you by the virtue of images you’re holding in your mind. It’s what you’re thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you”. 

As a person that profusely overthinks, this book taught me the power that those thoughts have over me and the ability (or inability) to achieve what I want in life. I learned that the law responds to my thoughts no matter what they may be. And I learned how to turn my bad thoughts into good ones.

In “The Secret,” Byrne states that “since you attract to you what you think about the most, it is easy to see what your dominant thoughts have been on every subject of your life because that is what you’ve experienced”.

That is why I recommend this book to overthinkers. 

The first few chapters introduce The Secret and how to use it in simple steps. Then, Byrne dives deep into the topics mentioned above.

The book had really good examples in every chapter of people turning their lives around with their thoughts. The Secret to money talks about abundance and prosperity.

The Secret to relationships talks about treating yourself with love and respect so others can treat you the same. The Secret to health has miracle stories and talks about laughter being the best medicine.

The book ends with chapters titled “The Secret to You” and “The Secret to Life” which give a good summary of the book and how to apply what you learned in your own life. 

Let us know if “The Secret” was life-changing for you. Tag us @HerCampusSJSU.

My name is Sachi and I'm a Marketing Major at SJSU and I love photography, going on new adventures, and doing anything creative!