This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Finally, it’s fall season and time to take out the cute long sleeves, boots, hats, scarves and more. During this season, most people look forward to finding new ways to be creative in the fall. Lately, most people have been wanting to go out more and experience what we have not been able to do for a while. It makes sense to be able to take photos outside while still being able to enjoy the company of your loved ones from a distance.

Another way most of us use our creativity to stand out is through fall clothes. For example, one popular fall activity is taking an exciting drive to your local pumpkin patch. There are a variety of ways to pick out your favorite clothes while still matching the fun fall color scheme. November is here, so it gives us a fresh start on a new look that helps us find more ways to pose and style our outfits.

With these new opportunities, it allows us to reinvent ourselves by taking different photos than we used to in the past. Moving forward is always a positive start for us because it helps us feel more confident in ourselves, which makes our photos look even better. Don’t you want to look confident in your photo while still thriving all at the same time? I know personally, I love those kinds of photos.

Here are just a few examples of what kind of photos you could take of yourself and others at a pumpkin patch:

• You could take a photo of yourself holding a baby pumpkin in your hand while being surrounded by bigger ones.
  • You could take a photo of yourself holding a pumpkin in your midsection.
  • To a bit more style to your photo, you could also take this photo while being surrounded by many other pumpkins.
  • You could sit on a pumpkin while having the closest leg to the camera out.
  • You could also hold a pumpkin over your head.
  • You could also take a photo of yourself in a wheel barrel while holding a pumpkin in your midsection.
  • You could sit with your legs crossed while holding a pumpkin near your chest.
  • Lastly, you could lay down on hay while having pumpkin around you.
  • If you were to go through a corn maze, you could also take a picture there.

The fall season is full of fun ideas on how to take photos and what kind of photos one can take. Here are more ideas on what photos you could generally take in the fall:

• You could take a photo in the park, sitting down on the grass while having trees in the background that have fall leaves.
  • You could be walking downtown with friends and look back and smile at the camera.
  • You could grab a handful of falling leaves in a park (make sure the camera is on burst mode) so the person taking the photos captures every moment of you throwing the leaves in the air.
  • If you come across a park, you could look for a leaf that is bigger than your face. Next, lay down in the grass and position the leaf to cover half of your face while smiling at the camera.
  • Another option could be someone taking a photo of you while walking on the sidewalk in your fall outfit. (For this you would have to do burst mode).
  • Lastly, don’t forget to take a selfie of you promoting your favorite hair accessories whether it is a hat, scrunchies, headband, etc.

Overall, this season always brings out a new fashion style with colors that closely correlate to fall. This time gives us new ideas on how to incorporate these types of colors into our everyday outfits while still getting cute photos all at the same time!

Share your photos on social media and tag us @hercampussjsu!

4 years as a high school journalist: Writer, Sports Editor, Executive Editor 3rd year San Jose State University journalism major student.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah