This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Although I find beauty in every season, Autumn always had a special place in my heart. So as a fall enthusiast, I find myself more creative, inspired, and motivated in these months to get out there and try festive activities with friends and family. Here is a list of some pinterest approved fun and safe things to try this fall season!

Pottery Making

It’s both a memory maker and an art stimulator! Going to a cute pottery studio is a soothing and creative way to express yourself while also getting a pottery item that you’ve designed yourself!

Painting Class

Let’s say you don’t have much experience in the arts; booking a beginner class will be a fun and productive way to improve your skills! Even if you are someone who is familiar with painting, taking a class with some friends is still always a good time.

Bouquet Designing

Flowers are always a thoughtful gesture, but making the bouquet yourself is far more personal. Taking a trip to a local flower shop, buying some mini flower sets, and then making your own bouquet is a memorable experience that will be forever cherished.

Bonus points if you make a bouquet for a loved one and one for yourself!

Fall Picnic

We saw that picnics were all the rage during the summer, so let’s make another round for fall! 

Bringing together some classic fall dishes and desserts can make for the cutest intimate picnic event! Dressing up and taking pictures will definitely make it Pinterest approved.

Coffee Tasting

Are you a coffee fanatic like me? One new activity for you could be trying out different coffee blends at a cafe and discovering your favorites! Feel free to do this activity by yourself or with others since there is no

Photoshoots

If you’re a Pinterest fan, you definitely enjoy a good photo opportunity. Dress up in your finest fall outfit and head out to an aesthetic neighborhood, restaurant, market, cafe, etc. to get the annual photos you need!

Hockey Game

It’s hockey season, and if you are on the lookout for tickets, you could score some pretty affordable seats! Sporting events are always a fun event for friends, family, lovers, and more.

City Exploring

Take a drive up to your local big city and spend a day exploring all of its beautiful spots. As someone who lives in the Bay Area, I am never short of cities to explore and for that I am forever grateful!

Open Mic Night

Spend a Saturday night at an open mic event and you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you’ll see! Open mic nights bring in lots of different talented individuals to gain exposure, mingle, and network. It’s a great place to meet new people and spread your social circle. 

Art Museum

Last but not least, the classic art museum date. Go out and appreciate some art!

I hope those ten activities inspire you to try something new this fall season. Please spend this fall spreading thanks. We all need it.   
If you end up trying of these mentioned festivities let us know @HerCampusSJSU

Muimina Abdella is a fourth year sociology major at San Jose State University with a passion for writing. Amongst many, her article niches include relationships, entertainment, and lifestyle. When she is not writing, you can probably find her at your nearest concert or coffee shop!