Fall Trends to Live For this Season + Where to Buy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

1. Anything plaid (that isn’t a flannel)

Shocking right? Everyone’s normal fall go to is neutral/fall colored flannels. Yet, this season a new trend has emerged: plaid everything else. Plaid pants (90’s throwback!), plaid coats, plaid scarves, plaid hats, and more! Pick up your funky plaid piece and stay on trend.

Where to Get:

H&M Plaid Blazer

Brandy Melville Plaid Pants  

2. Fisherman Hats

Harry Styles can rock it, and so can you. The newsboy cap, which is both structured, slouchy, a cute fall play on your regular old dad cap comes in beautiful leathers, suedes and more.

Where to Get:

Urban Outfitters Fisherman Hat (Black)

Urban Outfitters Fisherman Hat (Gray & White)

3. Loafers

So you couldn’t wear your Gucci fur loafers in the summer (definitely true on that college budget)…now you can. Loafers are back, between black, pastel and embroidered pairs. they’re everywhere.

Where to Get:

Luca and Grae Rose Gold Loafers

Forever 21 Loafers in Classic Black

4. Turtlenecks

My personal favorite. Turtlenecks are an instant must for fall and winter style. They keep you warm while also giving you Kendall Jenner level of style sophistication with little to no effort. Sign me up.

Where to Get:

Forever 21 Cable Knit Turtleneck

Urban Outfitters Striped Turtleneck

Thrift Stores are also amazing places to find these for super cheap!

I am a writer and poet from the Bay Area who will be newly attending San Jose State University this fall semester to study Psychology. I want to become a marriage and family therapist, and dedicate my life to helping people through words and communication, two skills which are as vital to all writers. I want to write about things that matter, things that have an impact, and I intend to do so.
Tiana is a senior at San Jose State University and she is learning to take each day one step at a time while adjusting to life in the Bay Area. She's often watching YouTube videos on D.I.Y projects or hair care, but majority of the time she's watching Parks and Rec episodes while pretending to do homework. In the midst of all that homework dodging she's also casually planning her dream wedding.