halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Style

A TikTok Guide to Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

My entire TikTok “For You” page (FYP) is filled with Halloween costume ideas for individuals, couples, and groups. I’m seeing a lot, so I picked a few to share here along with ideas on what to buy. 

1. “Inside Out” 

This is a good group costume, or you can individually be any of the characters. The five characters are joy, sadness, fear, disgust, and anger. Each has its own distinct color and features. For example, anger wears a tie and fear wears a bow. 

1. Couple with a dog 

This TikTok features a couple’s costumes, but also features their cute dog! These could also work for a group of two or three. Here are the trios that were featured: 

• “Toy Story”: Buzz, Woody, and Jessie
  • “Scooby Doo”: Daphne, Shaggy, and Scooby
  • “Mario Party”: Princess Peach, Mario, and Luigi 
  • “Shrek”: Shrek and Donkey (and Fiona)
  • “Willy Wonka”: Violet, Willy Wonka, and Oompa Loompa
  • “Fairy Oddparents”: Wanda, Cosmo, and Timmy 
  1. Ouija Board 

This one is unique and only needs a few things. Dress and all black and ask someone to write the board letters and numbers on your neck or somewhere else.

1. Betty Boop

Betty Boop is a costume I have seen repeatedly on my FYP this season because of how easy it is. She’s an animated cartoon character created in 1930. It only involves a red dress and gold jewelry. 

1. A Mix of Two

This person on TikTok did a good job mixing two things and creating a costume to make them unique. All the costumes in this TikTok are very detailed and well thought out. The following are the “mixed” costumes featured in the video: 

• Cowgirl Barbie
  • Zombie Bride 
  • Cat Burglar 

Other costumes in the video are a vampire and Baywatch Pam. 

1. Catwoman 

Another one I have been seeing a lot on my FYP and in stores is Catwoman. This could also be a couple’s costume with Batman. When I walked into Windsor, I saw this black leather catsuit which is perfect for Catwoman.  

1. Black Swan

From the movie “Black Swan”, this costume has become popular this year through TikTok. A few things needed for this one are a black tiara, black wings, swan gloves, and a black tutu. This could also be a cute duo with a white swan. 

1. Maleficent and Aurora

An iconic bestie costume is Maleficent and Aurora. One wears all black with the Maleficent horns and the other wears all pink with a tiara. The video shows a good lookbook for both outfits. 

1. Princess Diaries”

Anne Hathaway in “Princess Diaries” had her moment on the movie poster with her headphones, tiara, white gloves, and sunglasses. These will be needed along with a white or floral puffy dress to complete the look. 

1. Black corset costumes 

A lot of costumes can be created with a black corset as the starter. This Tiktoker gives the following ideas: 

• “Black Swan”
  • Pirate
  • “Barb Wire”
  • Witch 

Tag us in your Halloween costumes this year @HerCampusSJSU

My name is Sachi and I'm a Marketing Major at SJSU and I love photography, going on new adventures, and doing anything creative!