3 Home Cafe Instagram Accounts to Channel Your Inner Barista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Coffee has never been a big love of mine since I’ve always considered myself more of a tea person. It wasn’t until the pandemic hit and birthed the rise of countless home cafe Instagram accounts that I found coffee much more interesting than just black coffee and cream. However, there are so many home cafe accounts nowadays that it’s hard to settle on a go-to for inspiration. So to save you the trouble, here are some of my favorite home cafe Instagram accounts, as well as a recipe from each one that I recommend you try out!

1. ANDREA HOMECAFE (@ispillice)

Andrea, the creator behind the account @ispillice, is located right here in the Bay Area and her content covers a variety of drinks ranging from coffee to lemonade. Plus, she used to work at a boba shop, so she definitely knows what she’s doing! She also posts drink recipes to her account on a daily basis, so there are many to choose from. However, if you can’t make a decision and want something easier to try from her account, then I suggest making her Brown Sugar Cold Foam Coffee.

2. Caffeinication ™ (@caffeinication)

Caffeinication is minimalistic aesthetic bliss. Each of their posts features breathtakingly beautiful visuals and perfectly selected music, offering you a mesmerizing experience with every scroll. Based in Los Angeles, the account was recently started last November but has quickly gained popularity since. With rows and rows of gorgeous drinks and over 400k followers, it is easy to see why. Nonetheless, since many home cafe accounts don’t feature hot drinks, I suggest making their Caffe Mocha as it is one of the only hot drinks on the account and aesthetically pleasing to watch!  

3. ????? (@milkteamali)

While @caffeinication is more minimalistic and clean, @milkteamali takes home cafes to a new level with her sweet and wholesome aesthetic. From using adorable utensils like cat tongs to the prettiest glass teapots, Amali inspires her followers to live their best barista lives and make whatever drink they desire! Plus, her account doesn’t just focus on coffee and tea, but she also posts an occasional sandwich recipe to be enjoyed with her other drinks. With that being said, some recipes I’d recommend you to try are her hot butterbeer-inspired drink✨? which is so good, especially in cold weather! If you prefer something cold then I’d recommend her potted plant thai tea!

Being stuck at home and doing online school doesn’t have to mean doing the same bland coffee or tea routine every day. Sometimes it’s okay to spice things up a bit! It is also important to remember that you don’t have to follow the recipe exactly and just make do with what you have. It’ll still end up tasting great! These recommendations are also meant to be something to look forward to enjoying, so if one doesn’t catch your eye, there’s most likely another recipe that will!

Have fun with it and if you end up trying any of the above recommendations, be sure to tag the creator of the recipe and @HerCampusSJSU on Instagram so we can check them out!

A junior at San Jose State University, majoring in Communication Studies, but my true passion lies in writing. An introvert who usually has her head in the clouds and is always thinking about food or her next book idea. My hobbies include trying to catch up on my Youtube subscriptions, baking, and hanging out with my family.
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah