ABC’s of Boston: D is for Duck Tours

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

If you have never toured Boston, this is unlike anything that you have seen before. The Boston Duck Tours are notorious around Boston with their brightly colored rides taking both visitors and locals to see the famous sites of the city. The fun begins for passengers as soon as they board their “DUCK”, which is a W.W.II style amphibious landing vehicle. Each DUCK is named after something that is relevant to Boston with a fun twist added on, so every DUCK has its own personality! First, you’ll be greeted by one of their legendary tour ConDUCKtors, who will be narrating the tour. Then you’re off on a journey like you’ve never had before. Your DUCK will cruise by all the places that make Boston the birthplace of freedom and a city of firsts, from the golden-domed State House to Bunker Hill and the TD Banknorth Garden, Boston Common and Copley Square to the Big Dig, Government Center to fashionable Newbury Street, Quincy Market to the Prudential Tower, and more! And, as the best of Boston unfolds before your eyes, your ConDUCKtor will be giving you lots of little known facts and interesting insights about our unique and wonderful city. It is a great way to see the city and bring back memories of being a kid. Check out this video to see for yourself! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBUK7ZhlDaw

And just when you think you’ve seen it all, there’s more! It’s time for “Splashdown” as your ConDUCKtor splashes your DUCK right into the Charles River for a breathtaking view of the Boston and Cambridge skylines, the kind of view you just won’t get anywhere else. And what other tours can take you on both land and water without you having to switch rides? They also offer a discount to students, so you don’t have to pay the full price!
Their “Season” starts March 21st, so start planning your Boston Duck Tour early!
 If you have any questions about times and prices call: 617-267-DUCK. Or check out their website: http://www.bostonducktours.com/Default.aspx

Krista Evans is a junior at Simmons College. She is a double major in Political Science and History, and also minoring in Business Metrics. Born in Birmingham, AL, she moved at a young age to north Alabama where she still lives today. Aside from being far from home, she loves everything Boston has to offer, including the cold weather! At Simmons, she is Secretary of her class (2012), a member of the volleyball team, SAAC representative, President of Simmons Republicans, Kembrel Campus Rep, Vice President of Smevans Hall, and on the Student Housing Committee. When she is not busy with school, Krista enjoys shopping, traveling, trying new foods, watching old movies, marking things off her bucket this with her best friend, and dancing. This past summer, Krista worked for Congressman Parker Griffith, where she feel in love with the world of politics! After graduation, she hopes to attend law school and eventually become Alabama's first female senator or congresswoman.