ABC’s of Boston: C is for Celtics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Bright green, white, black, and gold: these are the colors that make up one of Boston’s proudest sports teams. The Boston Celtics are world famous. They have won 17 championships, 21 conference titles, and some of the greatest basketball players in history have worn the Boston jersey. Today, some of the U.S.’s greatest basketball players are on the Celtics, such as: Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Rajon Rondo, and Shaq. 

As a Simmons Collegiette™ it is almost vital that you at least see one game during your four years here in Boston. The Celtic’s play in TD Bankhead and unlike many basketball gyms, there literally is no bad seat in the house. Going to the Celtic’s game can also be a great date night option, or if you are single, get a bunch of your girlfriends’ together and go watch together! Plus, many Bostonian men love basketball, so check out all the single cuties that are also there to watch. It’s also a great way to meet guys if you have no idea how the game of basketball works. Every girl knows that a guy loves to talk about something that he thinks he’s a “genius” on, so ask the cutie next to what happens when the referee blows the whistle and starts throwing random hand gestures. And, it is a great conversation starter. 

Or, invite a bunch of friends over and watch the game on television if you don’t feel like going out (which, who can blame us with the freezing weather we have had over the past month) But, if you are interested in going to a basketball game, you can buy tickets through Ticketmaster or the Boston Celtics main website, but hurry! They sell out quite fast. The Celtics also play until late March before the playoffs start, too, so go get your tickets now!

Krista Evans is a junior at Simmons College. She is a double major in Political Science and History, and also minoring in Business Metrics. Born in Birmingham, AL, she moved at a young age to north Alabama where she still lives today. Aside from being far from home, she loves everything Boston has to offer, including the cold weather! At Simmons, she is Secretary of her class (2012), a member of the volleyball team, SAAC representative, President of Simmons Republicans, Kembrel Campus Rep, Vice President of Smevans Hall, and on the Student Housing Committee. When she is not busy with school, Krista enjoys shopping, traveling, trying new foods, watching old movies, marking things off her bucket this with her best friend, and dancing. This past summer, Krista worked for Congressman Parker Griffith, where she feel in love with the world of politics! After graduation, she hopes to attend law school and eventually become Alabama's first female senator or congresswoman.