Why You Should Order Directly From Restaurants Not Doordash or UberEats During This Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

shopping bags
Jacek Dylag

As you know, restaurants are struggling right now. Their owners and employees are working endlessly to stay open and prepare food for families during this time. Restaurants are stepping out of their comfort zone, creating family takeout meals, doing delivery, cooking things that aren’t normally on their menu. They are doing all they can to keep their customers safe, happy and healthy.  However, apps like Doordash and UberEats take part of your money and use it for comissions for their workers and various fees. Yes, their workers deverve good pay, but at times like these, we should support restaurants and give them all the money they desverve as they are helping to feed everyone in these unexpected times.   

hands with gloves on fist bumping
Photo by Branimir Balogovi? on Unsplash
Plus, ordering directly from a restuarant, especially small, locally owned is a much better way to spend your “social distancing dollars.” When ordering straight from a restaurant, chances are you won’t be charged any delivery fees, you can get your food faster, and you can safely and easily pick up your food, not even having to get out of your car.  ​

Save money and your favorite restaurants by showing them you care and order directly from them! 

Emily is a senior Marketing student at Siena College. She loves being outdoors or doing anything with her friends, family or dog.