Original photo by Jessica Dery

Why Did I Choose Siena VOID

Siena has become my home away from home over the last 3 years that I have been here and I am so glad that I choose Siena as my choice for my undergraduate degree. But Siena was not always on my radar as my number #1 school and I was able to realize that Siena was the best choice for me through a couple of different things.

[bf_image id="q7k2ny-au102w-f9p7sf"]

First off, I have lived about fifteen to twenty minutes away from Siena College my entire life and I never thought growing up that I would go to a school so close to home. So as the senior year rolled around and I kept Siena College in the back of my mind as an option but I was looking at a large number of other schools. I at the time wanted to go to Pharmacy school so I was looking around at schools like ACPHS and MCPHS. I went on visits to different schools and even though I liked the programs and the school's none of the schools felt like home in the way I wanted it to. I kept going and looking around at schools but nothing really clicked. Then I decided to go look at Siena again even though I had been on campus for camps and different events numerous times. 

[bf_image id="q7k0z4-gdmg08-eb7g6l"]

As soon as I walked on campus again, I felt instantly at home and as I took more and more steps on the campus, I felt more and more at home. I found a program on campus that fit what I wanted to be able to do and in my mind on that visit, I decided that will be my home for the next four years. I went to the campus several more times and for me, every single time that I went,  felt more and more at peace with my decision and more and more at home. This has been the best decision that I have ever made and I have become a better person.

[bf_image id="27rkvw59jmh6559x8rq4csmm"]

Siena is my home away from home and making the decision to come to Siena has been one of the best that I have ever made. I am who I am today because of the decision I made and I am very happy to report I made the right one.  

Megan is currently a junior at Siena College and is involved in many different things across campus including being a Community Assitant in Hines Hall and a Women's Center Leader. She is a double major in Biology and Psychology. She wants to be able to help people going through illnesses like Cancer and how it affects the person mentally. She is a huge baseball fan and you can find her going on walks across campus to spend her free time or reading.