This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s that time of the year! Back to college is upon us, and I always find that organization is the key to a successful semester. However, one of the things I found myself struggling with was organization. Here are some ways that I became organized for a semester of college. 

Use a Calendar

Some of the best tools to be organized are simply buying a cute 12-month calendar and writing down any major assignments, quizzes, or exams on it. And if a calendar isn’t quite your thing, a day planner also works great too!

Talk to the People in Your Classes

Talking to the people in your classes can be very helpful when it comes to completing assignments and studying for exams. For me, talking to the people in my classes – especially those classes for my major – allow me to have someone to ask questions about an assignment.

Clean Your Dorm Room

Personally, every night before I go to bed, I like to clean my desk of all of the work I had been working on. Now, this doesn’t happen every night, but I try to make it a regular habit to keep studying and living space organized, so that I can wake up in the morning and have a productive day.

Set Goals

Part of getting organized can be understanding your personal goals you want to achieve, and how you want to accomplish them. These goals can be for class, personal gain, and for career purposes. A helpful way to setting goals is to write them down and to create a timeline for the goals. 

I hope your semester goes well, and you can use some of my tips!

Cassidy Reid is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Political Science and French.