Taylor Swift’s First “From the Vault” Song is Out Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Taylor Swift is at it again with another song. This time, it’s the first song to drop from her “From the Vault” songs off her upcoming rerecorded album, Fearless (Taylor’s Version), dropping April 9.

“You All Over Me” was originally written in 2008, and was a reject from the original Fearless album. This version features Maren Morris on backing vocals.

Taylor Swift wearing floral dress at 2021 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS
Fans have begun speculating that the newest single was written about Swift’s ex-boyfriend, Joe Jonas. With similar lyrics to “Last Kiss,” another song written about Jonas, it might not be a far stretch. With mentions of June (one month off from “Last Kiss”), rain, and hands in pockets, these moments mirror lyrics in “Last Kiss.”

Jonas famously broke up with Swift over the phone in 28 seconds, a feat discussed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show back in 2012, where she said, “When I find that person who is right for me, he’ll be wonderful, and when I look at that person, I’m not even gonna be able to remember the boy who broke up with me over the phone in 25 seconds when I was 18.” She later took this statement back on the Ellen Show in 2019, saying she regretted putting “Joe Jonas on blast on your show.”

The pair famously dated from July to October 2008, and although much of their relationship is not known, he’ll always be remembered as the guy that broke up with Swift over the phone in less than a minute. A few songs have been written about her and Jonas’ relationship, including “Last Kiss,” “Forever and Always,” “Better than Revenge,” and “You All Over Me.” Although Swift has yet to confirm any of this.

Taylor Swift on stage singing in a gold sequin dress
Photo by Eva Rinaldi from Flickr
“You All Over Me” just goes to show that Swifties have a lot to look forward to with the release all her rerecorded past albums.

Fearless (Taylor’s Version) comes out April 9. “Love Story (Taylor’s Version)” and “You All Over Me (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault) [feat. Maren Morris]” is out now.

Alyssa Guzman is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she Double Majored in English and Communications Journalism with a minor in Writing and Communications.