A Stream of Conscious Thought: The Walking Dead Premiere

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

If you’re a fan of The Walking Dead, you know there’s never a dull moment. For this premiere, that statement doesn’t even begin to cover it. Here’s a collection of thoughts and reactions we had while watching the first episode of season six that we’re betting you probably had, too.

• Oh, good, they’re replaying the finale! I only remember the important part (that Glenn and Daryl are alive).
  • That’s right… Poor Old Man Alexandria… Rick shooting the wife-beater point blank… Morgan’s arrival at the worst possible moment… But Glenn and Daryl survived, and that’s all that really matters.
  • Nobody panic, but it’s finally starting!
  • Okay, what is going on? Is this a quarry? Who put all these zombies in the quarry? And why do you people want to let them out of their rock prison? That seems like a terrible idea.
  • We’ve definitely never seen this guy before, so why is he getting a close up? Who the hell are you?
  • Hold up, why is everything black and white? Is this an artistic statement? Symbolism? How deep are we going? Is it a flashback? A dream? WHAT IS GOING ON?
  • Why must you get ahead of the tractor place? What exactly is the tractor place? What do you need a tractor for? HAVE YOU SUDDENLY DEVELOPED AN INTEREST IN FARMING?
  • How is Daryl’s motorcycle still fully operational this far in?
  • Where the hell do you get A) balloons and B) helium in the apocalypse?
  • Oh my God, it’s a zombie stampede! Zombie marathon! No, a zombie parade! With BAMF Daryl Dixon as the Grand Marshall.
  • But where is this zombie river going? There seem to be more zombies here today than there have been since season one; where are you going to take them all?
  • Okay, not only did they find balloons and helium, but they found multiple colors of balloons in the apocalypse? Puh-lease!
  • The zombies are smashing their own heads into walls and trampling each other – talk about survival of the fittest.
  • Five commercials in and we continue to remain incredibly confused as to the zombie pile in the quarry’s purpose. Where are you going!?
  • Abraham, this is how people get killed. Stay in the car (Carl)!
  • It’s so cute how the zombies think they can catch the car!
  • Huh. When exactly did we come to like Eugene as a character?  
  • Oh God! This poor dumb newbie. You were always bound to die, but did you have to go so gruesomely?
  • Morgan and Rick are finally having a heart to heart. All of these seasons have prepared us for this.
  • Zombie diversion! But who is dumb enough to blow on this horn? Who wants the zombie army knocking at their door? Oh my God… is it the Wolves? We haven’t heard from them yet. Come on, at least give us a hint!
Sammi is the Lifestyle Editor at HerCampus.com, assisting with content strategy across sections. She's been a member of Her Campus since her Social Media Manager and Senior Editor days at Her Campus at Siena, where she graduated with a degree in Biology of all things. She moonlights as an EMT, and in her free time, she can be found playing post-apocalyptic video games, organizing her unreasonably large lipstick collection, learning "All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor's Version) (From The Vault)" on her guitar, or planning her next trip to Broadway.