Rafael Andrade ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Name: Rafael do Nascimento de Andrade

Major: Physics

Hometown: Arapongas, Parana in Brazil

Year: Junior

Birthday: May 30

Favorite Movie: Lord of the Rings

Favorite TV Show: The Middle or Friends

Favorite Band: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Her Campus Siena: What activities do you do on campus? Right now, I’m involved in the Urban Scholars program.

HC: What is your favorite holiday? I don’t know, I like all holidays! Maybe Christmas, because I get together with my family and we eat churrasco, which is like our kind of barbeque.

HC: What is your favorite dessert? I really like passion fruit mousse and pudim, which is like flan.

HC: What is your favorite thing about Siena? The people! I like everyone here. There’s no one that I don’t like.

HC: What is the best thing you’ve done since coming to the United States? I went to New York City with some of my friends! We had a great time. We went to Times Square, to the 9/11 Memorial, and we saw the Statue of Liberty.

HC: What are your plans for your career? I want to study Physics and maybe become a professor at a university. I’d maybe work in a lab and do some research on particle physics.

HC: What are you looking forward to for the rest of your time in the United States? I really want to join more clubs! I also want to travel all over-Boston, Chicago, Miami, Las Vegas, Niagara Falls. I wish I had gone apple picking, and I’m excited to go to an American Thanksgiving.

Jenna Kersten is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. During her time at Siena, she was an English major with minors in German and International Studies.