This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

New year, same financially unstable me. As the new year springs forward, so does my ever-present desire to add new pieces to my wardrobe. Without time and money, however, this continues to be a constant struggle. Luckily, each and every one of us carry a portable thrift store in our pockets without even realizing it! While apps like Poshmark and Wish may get overwhelming, Instagram thrift accounts are an easily accessible way for you to find cute trendy items from the comfort of your home feed!

Gif Source

The Official Thrift Stores

Social media continues to become a major marketing factor in the business world. Many physically established thrift stores use Instagram to post some of their products, and sell them right there on the post. One of my personal favorites is AuH20, a thrift store located in NYC. Many of their sales come one a first comment-first serve basis, but they’ll create a waitlist for others interested in case the original buyer falls through. They accept venmo or paypal, and you can choose to pick it up at their location, or have them ship it right to you! They definitely have a more authentic “thrift store” vibe to their products if that’s what you’re looking for.

The Trendy Thrifter

Not all thrift accounts have the sort of “worn” or “bold” period pieces usually associated with thrift stores. Some are more modern trends for thrift store prices! What I love about @jess.thrifts is her crazy ability to find some of the cutest of  today’s top brands like Lululemon, Adidas, Pategonia, Calvin Klein and sell them at such affordable prices, especially for a market of college budget students. This is also a first come-first serve account when it comes to purchases, but she’s constantly updating with new stuff, so you’re almost always going to find something you’ll love!

The Bidding War Zones

A more popular trend I’ve seen on thrifting accounts are a bidding form of purchase. Usually there will be a starting bid price, and a time limit on how long the bidding will last. People will comment how much they are willing to pay for the item, and receive updates when their bid has been raised. The highest bidder at the end of the session will get the item. There is usually also a “bin” price, which is for those who want the piece so bad they override the bidding process and buy it at the listed price. This makes thrifting just that much more exciting! One of my favorites is @sophiesdrip. Her stuff is super affordable, and definitely has a more “thrifted” aesthetic with a 90s flare that’s absolutely to die for!

Instagram thrifting is one of the worlds best kept secrets. As much as part of me hates giving them away *sigh,* I really do hope you find some great steals or finds out of them. You may even get inspired to do it yourself, clear out some of the old in your closet for the new. Either way, happy thrifting!

Samantha Fazio is a Siena College Class of 2022 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.