This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Name: Mike Talarico

Year: Senior

Hometown: Latham, N.Y.

Tall, blonde and handsome. I know, cliché, but true. Mike is a 22 year old marketing major with hopes and goals of expanding his father’s company through his marketing major and also introducing new aspects to a DJ Company. Did I stutter? Nope! That’s right, he’s a DJ. Mike has been DJ’ing for roughly three years now. He began in May of 2013.

Not only is being a DJ a catch, but he also has some slick moves. I know, Ladies. What the combination. Mike just genuinely enjoys dancing. He broke out of his shell of dancing in his senior year of high school. He used to be the person that would sit on the side of the dances and watch everyone else because he was shy, until his senior prom. His mindset for senior prom was that he doesn’t care what his classmates thought of him, he’s never going to see any of them ever again. With this mindset he let loose and danced like crazy and had fun. His senior prom is a night he will never forget because he was the kid standing up having the time of his life instead of sitting down. Also, if Mike could choose a person to learn how to dance from it would be Chris Brown. Chris Brown is extremely talented with his dance skills, but not so much with what the media showed with his abusive side. Mike said that he has learned what not to do as well from Chris Brown. He believes Chris Brown is actually goofy and knows how to have fun now, so he compares himself to that side of Chris Brown. He also compares himself to Chris Brown now, not what Chris Brown did in his past.

On Siena’s campus Mike is in the Hip Hop Club, he’s also on the e-board for Habitat for Humanity, he helps with the choreography for Mr. Siena, and is part of the mentoring program. The mentoring program is something offered for transfer students. Mike himself was a transfer student, and he has decided to help other transfer students adjust to the Siena lifestyle. What a guy!

Mike’s favorite color is blue, but with good reason. His eyes are blue, so whenever he wears blue it brings out his eyes. He feels his eyes are one of his better attributes, and I must agree. They are beautiful (don’t look into them for too long you might get lost in them). Speaking of which, Mike has a favorite pick-up line! “Do you like pizza? Because my pick-up lines are kind of cheesy.” Even though he has a favorite pick-up line he doesn’t believe in using them. Mike believes there are better ways to get a girls attention, by you know, actually talking to her and getting to know her. Mike wants to be a good role model to his nieces, who are now starting to talk to boys. He believes they should have a good role model, so they know how a guy should truly treat a girl. How sweet is that! Mike is a huge family person. Not only is family important, but so are his dogs, Chunk and Bruno. Bruno is the newest addition to his family, a little golden retriever puppy! That’s right ladies, he has everything going for him. Dogs are his favorite animal because he feels like humans should try to act more like them because they love unconditionally.

Mike is not an open book, he does have some secrets. He approved of me sharing that two of his secrets are that he doesn’t swear, and he doesn’t like drinking. The main thing with Mike is to just be yourself. An interesting fact about him is that he also used to race motocross! Mike also enjoys playing basketball. He even has a comeback kid story. In the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade Mike didn’t make the team. What were the coaches thinking? In his junior year of high school he made the JV team to get game time in. During his senior year he played on Varsity and set a record for his school with his 3 pointer shot percentage.

Mike’s favorite quote after going through the many that he knows is, “don’t make people a priority who only make you an option.” This blonde-haired, blue-eyed kid has a lot to say. If you get the chance to talk to him, sit with him for a little bit. There’s a lot more there than just a pretty face.  

Kala Lomnicki is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Business during her time at Siena.