Matthew Funiciello ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Meet Matthew Funiciello, a rising senior from Syracuse, New York.  When Matthew isn’t studying for his business management classes he is training for the men’s tennis team, watching Syracuse basketball or spending his summers on Martha’s Vineyard teaching tennis. He also knows a thing or two about the best bathrooms on campus—check out below!

Worst Class: Introduction to Music. (The teacher forced us to sing!)

Best Class: Marketing with Mr. Scardillo.

Campus Involvement: Tennis Team, Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)

Favorite TV Show(s): Breaking Bad, The Office, and How I Met Your Mother

Celebrity Crush: All of Derek Jeter’s girlfriends

Man Crush: Derek Jeter

Favorite Chick Flick: Crazy Stupid Love

One thing I’ve Never Done: Haven’t gone to Lark Fest in Albany. Hopefully next year!

Favorite Sports Team: Syracuse Basketball

What is your ideal date? Doing something active, for instance playing tennis, hiking, or going to a sports event and treating my date to a nice Italian dinner!

Most Embarrassing Moment: I was playing flag football in elementary gym class and accidently got my button-down sweats completely ripped off by an opponent, leaving me in just my underwear.

What do you look for in a girl? Good sense of humor, easy going, and caring.

Relationship Status: Single

Biggest Pet Peeve: When people constantly complain about silly things and think the grass is always greener on the other side.

Dream Job: A Yacht Club owner in Martha’s Vineyard.

Advice to freshman: If you get sick of the public bathrooms, there is a small bathroom in the chapel connected to Hines. Nobody knows about it and it always smells great.

Any future plans? I hope to either get a job upon graduation or get my MBA and become an assistant tennis coach for a college team.