How to Survive Finals Week…The Her Campus Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

The phrase “finals week” is one that brings dread, feelings of hopelessness, and copious amounts of caffeine with it. It is a week where you actually only take naps, some longer than others, and your days are lost in a midst of notebooks, papers, exams, and last minute group project meetings. You get mad at yourself for not starting assignments that you were told about in October and at some point, you become convinced that exhaustion is a permanent part of your DNA. The bags under your eyes are bigger than your backpack. It’s only a matter of time until you flashback to syllabus week and you can’t wait until winter break so you can just sleep again. Lucky for us, though, finals week just got easier.  

When our Her Campus Finals Survival Kits arrived, we knew we were all in for fantastic surprises and awesome goodies.  

Out of all the merchandise in the big box, a particular one caught our eyes first. Imagine our relief when we pulled out a full size kit of Proactiv! We all know what it’s like to look in the mirror after a few days of staying up late, eating whatever is in reach (normally a bag of chips), and stressing out, and to see a giant breakout of zits. If there’s anything that will cure our stressed-induced breakouts, it’s Proactiv. We immediately decided that this was an item that needed to be given away, though! It was too good to not share.  

Another huge item that we pulled out was a Vera Bradley throw blanket in addition to a bunch of Vera Bradley Zip ID case! We knew that nothing would keep us warmer inside the freezing cold Standish Library during finals week. And that nothing would better keep our Saint Cards safe during final weekends out quite like these super cute Zip ID cases would!  

Wait…what is that Michael Kors packaging?! Upon further inspection, we soon learned that we had just received scented Michael Kors 24K Brilliant Gold-Scented Flash Tattoos that are not only the first scented temporary tattoos on the market, they are exclusive to Her Campus influencers and members! It’s obvious these are the perfect accessories for Holiday outfits.  

Imagine our relief when TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray made another appearance in our Survival Kits! We became addicted to the Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray when it first appeared in our Back to School Survival Kits and we were so happy to see them again! This stuff is perfect for looking good on the go during finals week, and with it’s amazing scent, you’ll convince people that you are actually washing your hair on a regular basis. Admit it, finding time to shower is a little hard this time of year.  

Now about that super important necessity we often forget about; staying hydrated. When we discovered our new amazing Sorel  water bottles, we were so thankful! There’s nothing quite like the feeling of cold, refreshing water to keep you hydrated during those long hours of studying. 

One for you and one for me, yippee! Nothing brings smiles to our faces like BOGO Chipotle coupons. Always one of our hottest items (no pun intended), these are perfect for giving away! These coupons are perfect for sharing, or for making a run by yourself and getting yourself a meal for later.  

Lucky for us and for our giveaway winners, we got to experience these goodies! Not one of our winners? Stay tuned for more giveaways in the Spring semester because when there’s Her Campus, there’s always more survival kits!

Follow us on Instagram and Twitter, and like us on Facebook to stay up to date on all of our awesome giveaways.

Megan Salavantis is a Siena College Class of 2018. Megan majored in English at Siena during those four years.
Susana Garcia is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.